Bad idea? double stacking off fuse block

Okay, so here's my idea. unsure if bad idea or not....so asking you guys

So I am going to be running a Sundown 2k and my Zapco Z300S2VX in my F150. Plan is to bring a single 2/0 into the cab to a fuse holder with a 300 amp ANL fuse, then split to the Sundown with a 1/0 and then the Zapco with a #4 off the opposite side of the fuse holder. So pretty much 2/0 -> 300 amp fuse -> 1/0 and #4 stacked on lug

bad idea or no? Zapco is fused on amp, two 30 amps so 60 amps of fusing on it. Would run another fuse holder for the Sundown amp with a 200.

We've done the same thing when I worked for an electrician, double stacked lugs. but was only allowed for certain stuff.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I was going to ask a somewhat similar question. I have 2 dofferant kinds of fuse holder. Same run but I need to be fused through the forewall. The fuse holder under the hood are single fuse holders and I'll be using a 300 amp fuse in each. The ones in cab hold 2 fuses a peice. So do I put 2 300s in each holder or 2 150s or just run a single 300 in them

Something to be aware of: If your 4ga shorts out, you have effectively fused 4ga with a 300a fuse

Could you draw me up a quick wiring diagram of how things are laid out? I think I have an idea that could help with this

Everything will be mounted under the rear 60 section folding seat bottom. 2/0 ground will also be brought in next to the hot, with matching 1/0 and #4 going to it aswell. Electrical is a Duracell Platinum AGM up front, run of SkyHigh 2/0 to rear, XS XP2000 in toolbox. 2/0 Ground on rear battery and front plus factory. Big 3 in 2/0 plus factory charging cables.

don't know why I made the grounds in red, had a black pen at the desk first.

20150927_205431_HDR_zpsgz2wa1xu.jpg

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived