Time to start new car shopping

If the difference between a purchase price of $75k to $100k really matters, I think you serially need to consider cost of ownership.

No one has mentioned the extra $10-15k+ you will spend a year maintaining a german automobile.

The purchase price is just the ticket in the door, you've still got to pay to play.

If the difference between a purchase price of $75k to $100k really matters, I think you serially need to consider cost of ownership.

No one has mentioned the extra $10-15k+ you will spend a year maintaining a german automobile.

The purchase price is just the ticket in the door, you've still got to pay to play.

15k maintenance LMAO please tell how you came up with this number

Im definitely biased, but my vote is on a the S5. I remember how much you disliked the Genesis in the snow (or was that just without winter tires?), so Quattro would definitely be good for a year round toy car. Those supercharged V6's sound amazing also.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Mustang back seat plus a small child is not a combo worth trying out. Same with the Camaro. Hate to say it. Even though I would do GT500 all day...

gotta go with a diesel pickup as a suggestion. a nice F250 4x4 with leather, crew cab obviously. a F350 with a level will clear 35's... maybe a 250 will still do it to. 20's and 35's, some dark ass window tint. Leave the powertrain stock as fuck. Could easily pull 20mpg highway, fast as fuck for an 8k-lb truck, huge backseat for the kiddo and even the wife if she wants to drive it to the grocery store. Quiet as fuck, oh my god that new 6.7 is so quiet. Smooth road manners, can actually make u-turns... And a nice 4wd system for the messy winters. Since the '17 is coming out soon, you could probably manage a Platinum 250 or 350 CCSB for low $60k range out of the door. Has all the fancy luxury options you could ever want.

But if that's a no, I still vote ATS-V. Or maybe RS5.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

so. much. torque. Walk past it, stock, and you probably wont know it's running. Nothing like the 7.3's and 6.0's of yesteryear

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I can afford it. I just don't want to pay it. I'm well aware what my limits are so I can continue to live comfortably. If I do the Benz I get a service package. 2k or so. Ats-v is a caddy just the same it doesn't have exorbitant maintenance costs. The dealer is ten minutes from work and I get concierge service. Service is such s minor piece of this.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

No truck have I said that yet?

I don't want a Lexus either

The c63 only shits on it once you've spent more money to do aftermarket and I'm not about to do a tune on it and lose warranty. It is right there with the ats-v for me though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

15k maintenance LMAO please tell how you came up with this number

Pulled it out of my ass. Edmund's has a 5 year cost of $20k+ to the purchase price. http://www.edmunds.com/mercedes-benz/c-class/2015/tco.html?style=200700163&index.html

Archived