Y does this happen SOO much??

Ok, so i have been building boxes now for a couple years for myself and friends.. begining of this year, i decided to come up with a business name, create a facebook page, and start making money doing what i love..

First few months were great.. had a box to build almost every week.. once halfway thru may hit, i havnt had any business!! I have had at least 40 inquiries for boxes/ installs, but everyone keeps backing out!!!

Y is this happening to me?? i price boxes alot cheaper than anyone else around me.. My boxes are always clean (straight lines, no visible seams, ect).. everyone who asks always seems so eager for a box/ install, but when i shoot them the price, they say "not right now", or "nvm", or just not ever reply back.. UGH!!!!!

Does this happen to any of you guys???? i hope im not the only one.. :unknw:

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

A lot of people are either just curious or don't really want to pay for good work. I wouldn't sweat it man, someone who doesn't appreciate the time it takes to produce quality craftsmanship isn't a customer you want

You have to remember, this is a luxury not a necessity. People may inquire, but if they compare the cost to something they need, it may not be the highest on their list anymore.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I think you'll find this is the case with many small businesses. I run my own paint & body shop, and probably write 20 estimates a week for various forms of vehicle damage. Maybe one of those 20 will actually return and have their car repaired by me. That means 95% of the estimates I write are a waste off my time, figure up to 30mins per car depending on how severe the damage is.

I understand what yall mean... :(

ill continue with the agrevating inquiries.. lol.. and hope for someone to actually really want my business..

I bet ill get business when tax season rolls around.. when everyone has the cash to blow.. haha..

thanks for the replies and word of wisdom.. much appreciated.. :good:

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Everyone here nailed it. I quote people left and right. Maybe 1/4 of them buy (more than most here it would seem). It doesn't bother me anymore....except when I spend a friggin hour with someone who asks every detail known to man, then bails. Or sometimes I get the people that want to use me like an encyclopedia before they go out and try to install it themselves. Asking me where they can tap in a LOC or where they can get a remote turn-on in their car, etc etc. That shit pisses me off too. And I play no games when it comes to that. And as you might expect, those punk asses are usually the ones who cop an attitude. That's when I say, "If you needed a part for your car and you went to the dealer and bought it, would you then turn around and ask them "Ok. Now how do I install this?"?"

Anyway.... I'm ranting off. Obviously it's a bit of a sore point. LOL

Like they said, don't sweat in man. And don't take it as a clue that you need to lower your prices or anything. You'll ALWAYS get looky loos.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived