Second Skin Audio

To wall or not to wall...

AstoSoup

For comparison sake, let's just say two Soundqubed HDS315's on a 3k vs. four Soundqubed HDS215's on same 3k..... Or even a pair of AB XFL 15's on 3k and four HDS215's on same 3k. Just trying to see if upping to 4 smaller 15's will increase output.

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

and my 2 cents..

would i waist time walling with that gear? c pillar, 2 15's. Nope.

Edit- i like some ab xfls......

XFLs are definitely some bangin subs! :) My local "basshead click" has used all sizes of them and never been disappointed :) My subs take right around the same power as an XFL and perform similarly, just can't find them anymore :/ So other than walling the pair or trying the ports towards the kicks, it would be 4 different subs. Four HDS215's seem like they would slam pretty hard on 3k, what ya think? Also considered American Bass XD 15's...

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

I know someone on here that has 2 15s walled at b-pillar and shit gets down. It also can be completely removed and reverted back to stock.....dude has skills

Hahaha

Can't do b-pillar, need my back seats for now lol. Would the cabin area difference between the two make any impact?

and my 2 cents..

would i waist time walling with that gear? c pillar, 2 15's. Nope.

Edit- i like some ab xfls......

XFLs are an underdog. For what they are and how much they cost.... they slay :good:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

About XFLS our really underrated and good for the money went with them because a couple members on here recommended them to me I'm pushing 4 12" ab XFLS off a dc5k daily for almost 2 years and they take a beating. Would love eventually to do 4 more on a another dc 5k on a b pillar. So 8 12"s total on 2 dc 5ks.

But don't talk smack about this forum sometimes it takes time for people to respond. This is the best car audio forum I have ever been on and have learned a lot since I started on here. So just chill and wait not everyone is going to answer immediately.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

About XFLS our really underrated and good for the money went with them because a couple members on here recommended them to me I'm pushing 4 12" ab XFLS off a dc5k daily for almost 2 years and they take a beating. Would love eventually to do 4 more on a another dc 5k on a b pillar. So 8 12"s total on 2 dc 5ks.

But don't talk smack about this forum sometimes it takes time for people to respond. This is the best car audio forum I have ever been on and have learned a lot since I started on here. So just chill and wait not everyone is going to answer immediately.

XFL's are hands down the best sub available for under $200 IMO.... Seen the 15's take as much as 1750RMS daily, which is 75% more than rated :) My 3XL 15's take 1500 daily, seems any more than that and the coils start to get hot though :/ Still, not bad for a $150 sub!

I wasn't talking smack though, I am 32 years old and grew past that long ago. This forum is full of some of the most knowledgeable people I have met in car audio, some are polite and helpful, some are not. My point was that my question alone was not enough for 109/110 people that viewed it to chime in with anything, yet when I called out peoples passions, I got immediate responses. I get people are busy, I am too. Just wish people would be as eager to lend some advice as they are to defend themselves, that is all. I can do nearly anything myself and rarely need to ask for advice, mostly find myself giving advice to beginners. Just have VERY limited experience when it comes to walls and see a lot of walled rides here....

Ya I want to wall my truck eventually too when I get another daily driver. Wish there was a section on here dedicated to wall builds. But do like I do and go thru wall builds from beginning to end you will learn a lot on how to do it. And ask questions on how to do certain things. More less read read read as mush as you can. Also YouTube has some good videos on how to do it too.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived