firebirdude Posted October 6, 2015 Report Posted October 6, 2015 Can we change how long after a post you can edit the post without the enormous yellow Edit banner showing up? Most forums give you a 2-3 minute buffer where you can edit your post without the Edit notification being pasted on your post. On a similar note, does the banner have to be THAT big and intrusive? Holy crap man...
Miguels Posted October 6, 2015 Report Posted October 6, 2015 Why does it bother you? my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Ahmed Johnson Posted October 6, 2015 Report Posted October 6, 2015 ^^ Exactly ^^ It helps catch people who say stupid shit first and google last, lol
firebirdude Posted October 6, 2015 Author Report Posted October 6, 2015 A valid question. I guess I just make more than my share of spelling and general typos. Immediately after posting, I re-read it and want to correct my mistake. But now there's a giant yellow banner at the bottom of my post. It wouldn't bother me so much if the banner wasn't larger than my post sometimes.... ^^ Exactly ^^ It helps catch people who say stupid shit first and google last, lol A 2 minute buffer is all I'm asking for. Hell, easy 60 seconds if enough. No big mouth saying stupid shit is going to back pedal that quickly. I mean *even* 60 seconds *is* enough. Perfect example....
jk13 Posted October 6, 2015 Report Posted October 6, 2015 Re-read and use "preview post" if you need to before hitting "add reply". Whatever you put out there can be out there forever anyway if someone quotes it. Get it as right as you can the first time even if it takes a bit longer. Static drops are my bag.
firebirdude Posted October 6, 2015 Author Report Posted October 6, 2015 Re-read and use "preview post" if you need to before hitting "add reply". Whatever you put out there can be out there forever anyway if someone quotes it. Get it as right as you can the first time even if it takes a bit longer. I figured that would be the response. Unfortunately I, like many others, use the quick reply box.
firebirdude Posted October 6, 2015 Author Report Posted October 6, 2015 Just sayin.... this is the ONLY message board I've ever seen zero buffer before pasted the Edit banner on your post. Coincedently, it also has, by far, the largest and most annoying banner.
Skullz Posted October 6, 2015 Report Posted October 6, 2015 Doesn't bother me, i edit all the time. Sometimes you hit the post button before the eye catches your mistakes in typing. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Mr DeeBeez Posted October 6, 2015 Report Posted October 6, 2015 Ive never heard anyone complain about it, and ive never had a problem with it. Its really not that intrusive, or annoying. Fi Team 18's (4) Crossfire 16k Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4 Pioneer AVH-X491bhs 140ah cmax CES 320's (2)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.