Second Skin Audio

Can someone justify DD prices?

matt scarlett

I keep on wanting to harp back to my DD days, one of the first (what I call) real subwoofers I had, albeit in DDLE312 prefab form. Hhowever, I struggle to justify DD prices

http://www.madescc.com/digital-designs/4587342197

For a single DD sub, I'm looking at being able to afford 2 or 3 subs from other reputable brands or at that price. Could someone give me a good objective reason to spend so much on DD other than pure nostalgia, because I'm struggling?

BTW I'm looking into SQL ... but 70% SQ ... just nice to have the 'L' when I want it.

You get what you pay for, plain and simple. I am currently running a DD Redline 15" and its been thumping for years now at well over rated power. Even though i'm switching to DC i would still stand behind their quality and gladly pay the price for it.

I've talked to a dd dealer before and the prices aren't nearly as high as what you'd think they were from looking at the msrp online.

Still higher than some of the others but anything worth a shit in this hobby comes with a higher cost.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You get what you pay for, plain and simple. I am currently running a DD Redline 15" and its been thumping for years now at well over rated power. Even though i'm switching to DC i would still stand behind their quality and gladly pay the price for it.

You don't always get what you pay for, just sayin

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I've talked to a dd dealer before and the prices aren't nearly as high as what you'd think they were from looking at the msrp online.

Still higher than some of the others but anything worth a shit in this hobby comes with a higher cost.

I'm talking UK price. I realise that in the U.S. people pay far less.

http://www.madescc.com/digital-designs/4587342197

With those price I can import 1 Sundown X-series for example, and still have a lot of spare change. That's before i get to like of Gladen, B2Audio or Ground Zero. I've no doubt DD is a quality product, but there are many other brands Fi, DC, Sundown etc, that are hardly Flea Market brands!

I agree, you do get what you pay for. However sometimes what you are getting is just a name. Its up to each person to decide for themselves what they are willing to pay for just "name".

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived