matt scarlett Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 I keep on wanting to harp back to my DD days, one of the first (what I call) real subwoofers I had, albeit in DDLE312 prefab form. Hhowever, I struggle to justify DD prices http://www.madescc.com/digital-designs/4587342197 For a single DD sub, I'm looking at being able to afford 2 or 3 subs from other reputable brands or at that price. Could someone give me a good objective reason to spend so much on DD other than pure nostalgia, because I'm struggling? BTW I'm looking into SQL ... but 70% SQ ... just nice to have the 'L' when I want it.
yurvalentine Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 70% SQ huh? Personally I prefer around 55%, just me though. And if you don't like the price don't pay it. Pretty simple.
Wasteland_Audio Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 You get what you pay for, plain and simple. I am currently running a DD Redline 15" and its been thumping for years now at well over rated power. Even though i'm switching to DC i would still stand behind their quality and gladly pay the price for it.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 I've talked to a dd dealer before and the prices aren't nearly as high as what you'd think they were from looking at the msrp online. Still higher than some of the others but anything worth a shit in this hobby comes with a higher cost. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 You get what you pay for, plain and simple. I am currently running a DD Redline 15" and its been thumping for years now at well over rated power. Even though i'm switching to DC i would still stand behind their quality and gladly pay the price for it. You don't always get what you pay for, just sayin That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
matt scarlett Posted October 10, 2015 Author Report Posted October 10, 2015 I've talked to a dd dealer before and the prices aren't nearly as high as what you'd think they were from looking at the msrp online. Still higher than some of the others but anything worth a shit in this hobby comes with a higher cost. I'm talking UK price. I realise that in the U.S. people pay far less. http://www.madescc.com/digital-designs/4587342197 With those price I can import 1 Sundown X-series for example, and still have a lot of spare change. That's before i get to like of Gladen, B2Audio or Ground Zero. I've no doubt DD is a quality product, but there are many other brands Fi, DC, Sundown etc, that are hardly Flea Market brands!
Wasteland_Audio Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 No not always, but when it comes to DD i have yet to be dissapointed.
matt scarlett Posted October 10, 2015 Author Report Posted October 10, 2015 No not always, but when it comes to DD i have yet to be dissapointed. Not disputing that, and I enjoyed my DDLE312, but is there any justifiable reason for the price hike over the competition? Do they use kryptonite or something?
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 You get what you pay for, plain and simple. I am currently running a DD Redline 15" and its been thumping for years now at well over rated power. Even though i'm switching to DC i would still stand behind their quality and gladly pay the price for it. I agree, you do get what you pay for. However sometimes what you are getting is just a name. Its up to each person to decide for themselves what they are willing to pay for just "name". "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
matt scarlett Posted October 10, 2015 Author Report Posted October 10, 2015 how d'you wipe a duplicate post?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.