Jump to content
XS Power

Recommended Posts

Posted

sorry I was looking for a serious answer, I know I don't need 8 batteries for 7k watts rms

Actually with the amount of alt power you have. You Do.. I would say at-least 4 d3100s

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Posted

Take my build as an example when I ran a ddzse, 7k rms. I ran a single mechman 240 alt and 6 xp3000s.

This allowed me to play close to full songs full tilt before giving it a break. With that setup I could demo for 1-2 minutes balls to the wall and stay above 12 volts. In the amount of time it took to switch songs, voltage was back and ready to go again.

240 amps of alt is really only good for a 3.5k amp max unless ypu start adding lots of batteries and or caps.

Team NorthWestSPL

Posted

Yea u need more alt or 6-7 d31 batts to run 7-9k one one little alt

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted

Dc power might have something. Also mechman or singer might sell them but I'm not sure.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Posted

so basically i'm limited because of the vehicle I drive since no one makes a dual alternator bracket?

Pretty much. I'm in the exact same boat. Now I'm trying to run 15k rms, still on the same 240a mechman with 8 banks of supercaps. It works...okay...but I'm not happy with it. I'll be finding someone to help.me fab up dual alts this winter.

Team NorthWestSPL

Posted

Like ninja said, you should be alright with 4 3100s.....start there and if you need to add one, do that. Regarding the alt, that will depend on how you're running your system.....playing full tilt while driving or at idle. If your car idles low, you might see some drop....if that happens, give it a little gas.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1629 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...