Second Skin Audio

How to do 2 crossfire 18s out the trunk?

JEFFYBOI

Holy missing sheet metal. I hope your car doesn't rely on the rear deck for structural integrity. You might as well cut the whole thing out and make a beauty panel because that is basically gone bow

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If he's only going to have 11cubes after displacement 160" of port would prly be rather large... We just built a Cpillar wall in a trail blazer for two zv4 18s and we did about 14-15cubes after displacement with 160" of port tuned to like 33hz and it sounds nice with good bandwidth. Did a 147.6db not sealed off/ no deadener on a ct 2200amp.

Straight from crossfire website, c7 18 is recommended 5.5 cubes and 65"^2 of port per sub.

11 cubes and 130"^2

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

I think if you lay the subs down back and angled out ( mags facing towards the rear of the rear tire if that makes sense) you'll be able to get what we call a figure "8" port in between them with enough area not a lot of probs.

Last but not the least is like the one poster pointed out you have lost some structural integrity.How much is open to argument but I doubt the car is going to fold in on itself like some will surely try to make you believe.I would highly recommend making a hoop similar to a roll bar to surround the area that has been cut out.It will not only add strength thats been lost it will also stiffen the car to reduce flex and increase SPL ;)

So here is what i am thinking. The port will come up where the rear deck was. I plan to seal it off and add tons of bracing not only to the box but the car as well. I am very confident the car will be fine with what i have removed. This is a side view of the box..

1545836_1168750793140262_320782336799258

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Smooth the transition with a 45° piece of wood where the back of the port is. Don't have a hard 90° like you have drawn. I know you have a small 45° in the but i mean all the way down to the edge, not just that tiny thing.

Manufacturers always suggest a port area for the average, daily user. More SPL will be achieved with a bit more port than is suggested. Like when I plug the numbers in, I come up with a suggested minimum of 175" based on Xmax, cone area and tuning preference

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Smooth the transition with a 45° piece of wood where the back of the port is. Don't have a hard 90° like you have drawn. I know you have a small 45° in the but i mean all the way down to the edge, not just that tiny thing.

Manufacturers always suggest a port area for the average, daily user. More SPL will be achieved with a bit more port than is suggested. Like when I plug the numbers in, I come up with a suggested minimum of 175" based on Xmax, cone area and tuning preference

Yeah i got you on the back of the port with a 45 to help smooth out the air flow ( less restriction) Just based off my previous wall i felt like i lost numbers and even sound quality when i opened the port area up more. My old wall was around 9 cubes net and after redoing the port about 6 times i had it anywhere from 80 sqr inches of port area all the way upto 120. It was first tuned around 33hz with the 80 sqr inches, in attempt to gain i jumped upto 39 hz with the 120 sqr inches of port. Definitely sounded worse to the ear, so i took the port size down again. I am going to go through my build log and see exactly what it was. I definitely want to avoid going small on port side due to box rise and the box being to inefficient. I really have it in my head going with 11 cubes net and around 120 sqr inches should be around the sweet spot for my car. Finding builds with the c7 12s are everywhere but trying to find other builds with these 18s is tough to get suggestions on box specs.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

i got curious and did some ruff math, since my box design is pretty similar to yours. i run external ports thru the rear deck..

so with 11 cubes and 120 square inches you should be able to tune the box to 28-30 hz that is around 26 inches of port length. now the more you open it up the tunning will rise up that can also be accommodated by digging into your box volume .. what tuning are you looking for?

I am tuning between 30-33 hz. I removed most of the rear deck so I have port area now

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Archived