tenrep Posted October 22, 2015 Report Posted October 22, 2015 bass amp is just fine but the 125.4 keeps cutting off randomly ill be listening to the radio n then the words just cut out that dam amp just loses power if I cut the whole system off and then turn it back on it gets power on again and is just fine what d heeellll is going on I checked the remote wire its good n tight power n ground are fine so any suggestions thanks for any help and yes I expect the smart azzz people to chime in but that's cool I just wanna get this resolved
diegoclass2010 Posted October 22, 2015 Report Posted October 22, 2015 check voltage drop. on mids and highs amp... ive seen/had a couple systems where the bass amp keeps going and mids and highs amp cut out due to low voltage
tenrep Posted October 22, 2015 Author Report Posted October 22, 2015 even if I can cut it off and back on again and its fine
tenrep Posted October 22, 2015 Author Report Posted October 22, 2015 and that would have to mean one my batterys takin a dump right ive upgraded my electrical system as well and have volt meter so I know I never drop under 13.5v
reedal Posted October 22, 2015 Report Posted October 22, 2015 How is your remote wire ran to your amplifiers? Is it just the remote from the head unit powering both amplifiers? Or did you use a separate switched source for one/both? SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
tenrep Posted October 22, 2015 Author Report Posted October 22, 2015 see that's the problem I believe both from the head unit but I really cant say without ripping all that shit out like I think im fixing to do and look at it all I didn't install it I... well long story short I don't know how any of this is wired up and had nothing but issues sinse I got it back and that place I got it done is to dam far away for me to take it back plus it wasn't a shop anyway just a guy I know with all that stupid stuff I just said can you tell me anything thanks again im trying to get ahold of that guy now and have been but no luck I might have to start over with the wiring
3vil Posted October 22, 2015 Report Posted October 22, 2015 You got a good clean ground going into the 4 channel?
reedal Posted October 22, 2015 Report Posted October 22, 2015 Ok. Figure out how your remote wires are ran, if they're both coming from the same source, disconnect the remote wire from your sub amplifier, leave it plugged into the 4-channel, and see if it still cuts off at the volume level it usually does SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Soccerballzs Posted October 22, 2015 Report Posted October 22, 2015 What amplifier are you using? Are you running 1 remote wire for multiple amps? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
tenrep Posted October 23, 2015 Author Report Posted October 23, 2015 remote wire is single run from back of radio and split off for both amps
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.