Car kills 30hz, but why?

Toums

It's from experience in the boxes I've done and other around me have built. Deep port for lows. I'm telling ya

port diameter and length @ XXhz tune is a mathematical equation... my last 2 box designs had 2 different size ports the larger port was longer... both these boxs sounded the same except for the chuffing both at 33hz tune ... both played 30-55hz the same

It's from experience in the boxes I've done and other around me have built. Deep port for lows. I'm telling ya

Deep port does not equal better lows...Jesus Christ.

Edit- I knew there was a reason I was staying away from the forum lately. Bad advice sucks

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Deep port does not equal better lows...Jesus Christ.

Edit- I knew there was a reason I was staying away from the forum lately. Bad advice sucks

No shlt. U can't just throw any port configuration in any box and have it sound good. All I'm saying is from boxes I've done and friends have done we know how to get that low end. Cars are peaking between 30-33hz and plays down into low 20s... Here's a short video of just two 12s slamming the lows moving more air then a lot of 2 18s systems I've seen.

http://youtu.be/T39cdJ_Pu0c

A lot of my understanding is people don't even know what lows are. 2weeks ago at world finals there was a white Tahoe with 6 15s bpillar three taramps 10ks.. I got a demo and he's like here's the lows. It was just unloading and sounding like crap... If u want lows I told him to come check out the Hhr that will do 155+ at 25hz

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Science be damned!

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

U guys are arse clowns. OP came in saying he can't find lows... I'm saying big box with a deep low tuned port should get him where he needs to be. I don't need to explain myself to anyone. I'll let the meter do the talking.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

I've seen PLENTY of builds with shallow ports dig lows just fine. Length doesn't have dick to do with an enclosure's ability to play lows and play them well. Your first hand experience in the phenomenon is just that, YOURS. A lot of variables factor in to what allows an enclosure to reproduce lows. Total port area and net airspace being the two main factors. Build quality is high up on the list too. If it's built like shit and weak, it can flex and fail to boom out those authoritative lows.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

U guys are arse clowns. OP came in saying he can't find lows... I'm saying big box with a deep low tuned port should get him where he needs to be. I don't need to explain myself to anyone. I'll let the meter do the talking.

The problem with your claim that you need a long port to get good low end output is its like saying if you want a fast car it needs to be red. Red is the stereotypical color of a lot of performance cars and if you were to research what color of car is generally the fastest, its probably red. But being red is not what makes the car fast. Just like having a long port isn't what gives you good low end performance. Its just something that commonly occurs with boxes that have good low end output.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived