wiring 6 speakers to a 4 channel

ok. so heres the situation. I have an apine mrx f35. 55 watts per channel at 4 ohm, 85 at 2 ohm

I just snagged some cnf mids from karkov, and i'm wanting to try my hands at glassing my front doors and throwing 2 mids in each door.

I already have jl c3s up front, just looking to add the cnf mids up front and throw them in some glassed panels. The c3's are comps and have a crossover and a tweeter. The c3's are on channels 1 and 2 at 4 ohms.

I have skar somethin or other coaxials in the rear doors which are on channels 3 and 4.

Would it be okay to keep channels 1 and 2 at 4 ohms and have them run the c3's and tweets. Then wire the skars and cnf mids together... each r svc 4 ohm. resulting in a 2 ohm load for channels 3 and 4?? having cnf mids and jl c3's up front, and skars in the rear?

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

if you put 2 different speakers on an amp channel you cant really tune the power for one set.... most cases one gets too much power or one get de-tuned... you could just run the rears off deck power... or ditch them altogether since they do not help with sound staging... but yes you can do what you are asking

might run off deck power. thats a decent idea.

How does one get more power or one get de tuned? i know they have diff t/s params, and the impedance curve is diff for each speaker, but is it significant enough to be concerned about?

I'm not worried about blowing them, i'm a good 60 watts under rated rms for each set.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

• 1 month later...

Archived