silk tweeters on a budget that get loud to replace 4 crescendo rts-1s.

Rich Schenk

tweeters our mounted in a pillars low aimed at windshield. need help deciding on some tweeters that will replace 4 crescendo rts-1s have them run active off of a pioneer 80prs and powered off of a skar sk 85.4 85 x 4 @ 4 ohms or 125 x 4 @ 2 ohms. now my question is since crescendo doesn't make these tweeters anymore and not sure when the new models will come out. track down more rts-1s to replace the messed up ones or just change everything out since i never permanently mounted anything. was thinking these but not sure if they would get loud enough image dynamics xs28 4ohms 100 watts rms per tweeter ,200 rms per tweeter peak frequency range 900-25,00k (sensitivity 92 db).

or go with something like this but not sure if it would be loud enough and would have to figure out how to fiberglass this in

cdt HD 2 4 ohms rms? peak? frequency range 250-21,000k

or get 4 tweeters from madisound or parts express. sort of lost and dont want to spend more then $100

would like tweeters to be crossed to 2k or 1.5k if all possible. any help would be apreciated ty.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Why do you want them crossed as low as 2000 htz ??? That's very low, even for Sound Quality.

I would suggest no lower than 3000 htz ... and that's pushing it.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Why do you want them crossed as low as 2000 htz ??? That's very low, even for Sound Quality.

I would suggest no lower than 3000 htz ... and that's pushing it.

wurd.... hell 5k and up is common. Depending on the slope of course.

Crossing your tweeters that low is most likely why you blew them.

The frequency response and crossover point you should use are not one in the same.

Rule of thumb for tweeter crossover point is no less than double fs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So what what tweeters would u guys suggest?

So what what tweeters would u guys suggest?

Well, I would suggest buying a pair of better built tweeters over a multiple cheaper setup any day.

As far as brands ... not my department brother.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I had them crossed at 3k and where playing fine for months as soon as I switched to sk85.4 only lasted a month or 2 with gain way down. I know I blew them cause not having crossover points set right. New to this active setup stuff. So what would u guys suggest for tweeters because the 2sets of rts-1s where keeping up with my sub stage fine.

If you want a tweeter that can be crossed low and can get loud you're going to want a large format tweeter such as this.

https://www.parts-express.com/morel-cat-378-1-1-8-soft-dome-horn-tweeter--277-084

With a fs of 700hz you could potentially cross it at 1400hz.

That being said I still would not cross it that low because you have other drivers that should be used to cover that range.

I would still cross them at 3k or higher.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I had them crossed at 3k and where playing fine for months as soon as I switched to sk85.4 only lasted a month or 2 with gain way down. I know I blew them cause not having crossover points set right. New to this active setup stuff. So what would u guys suggest for tweeters because the 2sets of rts-1s where keeping up with my sub stage fine.

Just by reading this post would make me think the amplifier is the problem being you stated that they were crossed over at 3000 htz.

Sorry, just my observation.

Archived