Jump to content

Best 5.25" component set under $150


bmwking

Recommended Posts

Posted

tbh stock BMW 3-way system might already be better than a $150 3-way set...

I agree

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

tbh stock BMW 3-way system might already be better than a $150 3-way set...

normally id be inclined to agree with you, however my set is 16 years old and at their limit. i cant get any more volume out of them without distortion, whereas my amp has a lot more to give.

Posted

this is what i've sourced out as a first attempt, let me know what you guys think:

Peerless 830656 SDS woofer (because of mounting depth restrictions, i wouldve preferred the SLS)https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-5-woofers/peerless-830656-5.25-woofer/

Aurasound 2" mid https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-2-fullrange/aurasound-nsw2-326-8a-120-2-full-range-with-solder-pads/

Tianle AMT 3/4" tweet https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/auto-tweeters/tianle-amt40-4-3/4-amt-car-tweeter-pair/

Thoughts?

Posted

How do you plan on running everything?

well i could either just swap out the individual components and leave it wired the way it is to my excelon 542 4 channel or i could try to find a 3 way crossover right?

Posted

I think I would go 2 way passive instead 3 way passive with bunch of mixed matched component.normally 3 ways even 2 way passive crossover are designed for the speakers..not saying it won't work.but you may get a sound you might not like.

I'm curious to know how your 4 channel hookec up to the BMW 6 speaker system?

Posted

I think I would go 2 way passive instead 3 way passive with bunch of mixed matched component.normally 3 ways even 2 way passive crossover are designed for the speakers..not saying it won't work.but you may get a sound you might not like.

I'm curious to know how your 4 channel hookec up to the BMW 6 speaker system?

Actually, i believe theres already a passive 3 way factory bmw crossover at work in the doors. i may have over complicated things by thinking id need a new crossover. I suppose ill just be swapping components then.

well i have the base sound system in mine, all i did was run my 8 wire loom from the amp to the radio harness and hit the factory radio output wires and let the rest of the system do the splitting and work.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1090 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...