Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

DD508 T line questions.


Yellow1000

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I built a t line for a pair of dd 508s. It's tuned at 43 hz. Below that sound is non existent. My question is. These have an FS of 47. Will I have any luck getting them to play lower them 40-43 hz?

Posted

Yes. U deff messed up the enclosure somehow. Those subs will play down way past 43hz

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted

Build a regular ported box tuned to 32hz

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted

Yeah something is off here bro. My buddy built a T-line for a 1508 and it smashes for a single 8

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

 

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

 

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Posted

From my understanding of t-line design, adding another foot to the line length would raise the tuning not lower it. What I think you nedd to play around with is lining the line with something to slow the backwave down. I can't remember the material that was recommended, but it's dicussed in the t-line mega thread.

Posted

adding line length should lower the tuning on a tline. He is tuned to the Fs but they are pretty high, most would say tune lower than fs which would mean adding more line length. Thats the trade off with T lines and subs with low Fs. You sometimes end up with a huge box because of all the line length to match the Fs of the speaker. He also didnt say how much port area he has either, which can also affect this.

Posted

Oh it's really loud for what it is. From 40 hz and up its comparable to the 2 12s I had before these in a vented enclosure tuned at 34. But I wanted them to reach down a bit more then 40 lol. I'll post a pic of the box.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3045 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...