Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Digital design slimline 10


14gmc

Recommended Posts

Posted

The passive crossovers that came with the speakers? Along with what hpf, on the amp or HU? Depending on the slope of the crossover it might be sending some lower frequencies to the tweeters but they should be very faint. But it's worth checking to make sure everything is wired correctly. And it's hard to say on the factory HU but they are usually pretty decent.

Posted

I was talking about the hp filter on the amp along with the separate crossovers that come with the components. I will say that my factory speakers sounded better than the new stuff it's just a lot louder

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I finally have all my new equipment in and i will say the dd slim subs really surprised me on the amount of output they have . They are paired up with a Rockford 1000d amp and go a lot lower than I was expecting I did have a little excursion problem on some super low bass notes the cone would come up and hit the motor if it was maxed out on the bass knob and at high volume . I would absolutely recommend these to anyone with space issues . I would also like to touch on the sq of these . I had a shop make me a fiberglass box under the rear seat firing into the seat . I am not sure if they just made that good of a box or these are the cleanest sounding subs I have ever heard i listen to all types of music from metal to rap to edm to country and have not found a weak spot for these woofers keeps up with machine gun double bass and you can feel every single note in your chest couldn't be happier .

Posted

Got 2 of these bad boys under the backseat of my f150 super crew , they can handle a lot of power got a American bass vfl 120.1 that's over 2k and will be adding 1 more ten this summer . I highly recommend these was very impressed. Check out my truck in the vehicle section.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted

I'd also like to hear if anyone has any experience with the slim DDs

Checkout my truck DD's slim 10's are badass

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2936 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...