Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

Yeah sundown is a great brand. Once again it's all going right over your heads. Two different animals here. Junk and a beast amplifier. A ford pinto and chevy corvette are not in the same class.

Still learning but have started gathering.

It used to be that Fosgate model numbers were the RMS @ 4 ohms. A Punch 200 used to be 100 WRMS X 2 @ 4 ohms. Now a Punch 200 is 100 WRMS @ 2 ohms or 50 WRMS @ 4 ohms. The same thing but now with half the power because the model number is 4 ohm peak now instead of RMS. But I figured that out as soon as I read the specs. I have not seen one on the amp dyno yet so I have no idea. Looks like the old switcheroo?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Hehe. I don't know how many times I can say you are right. The amp does what it does and one hasn't went up in flames like everyone claims it will is all I'm saying.

Hehe. I don't know how many times I can say you are right. The amp does what it does and one hasn't went up in flames like everyone claims it will is all I'm saying.

It used to be that Fosgate model numbers were the RMS @ 4 ohms. A Punch 200 used to be 100 WRMS X 2 @ 4 ohms. Now a Punch 200 is 100 WRMS @ 2 ohms or 50 WRMS @ 4 ohms. The same thing but now with half the power because the model number is 4 ohm peak now instead of RMS. But I figured that out as soon as I read the specs. I have not seen one on the amp dyno yet so I have no idea. Looks like the old switcheroo?

They don't use 4 ohm peak, they use lowest ohm RMS. My t400.4 is 100x4 @ 2ohm and my t1500 is 1500x1 @ 1ohm. All RMS.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Well as long as you know that it is 1 ohm or 2 ohm or what ever it is rated at. If it used to be rated at 4 ohms then the same thing is now rated at 2 ohms then your power just got cut in half at 4 ohms. The Punch 200 used to be rated at 4 ohms but would do 2 ohms. It was good for 400 WRMS bridged on 4 ohms. Not anymore.

Pioneer 80PRS

$150 dollars worth of China's finest? Thank God for the SMD dyno? If it wasn't for the SMD dyno then every amp would be a guess and I would not have bought it. SMD is the HERO that makes sure we are looking at apples vs apples. Some people look at specs and it doesn't matter because they don't know what they are looking at. I knew what it was when I bought it. SMD testing should be the industry standard and be included like a carfax when you get a car. Sonic Electronics does this with some of their amps and you can watch the video right there before you buy it which I think is a step in the right direction. IMHO

Pioneer 80PRS

Archived