Sundown Audio

Do audiopipe amps put out dirty power?

forrest_siems

By using the SLA ON MT PIONEER 9500 HU. it goes from +4 to -4. by me putting at +4 one of the reasons im transferring a bad signal to the clarion and than to the amp?

or is it in subwoofer settings, which its at 0, since i have a 4volt output, should i put subwoofer settings in the negative and rely the clarion eq and amp to smooth out the rest?

Also where can i get a cheap ocsilloscope? i really dont want to blown up the soundqubed 18s in near future.

By using the SLA ON MT PIONEER 9500 HU. it goes from +4 to -4. by me putting at +4 one of the reasons im transferring a bad signal to the clarion and than to the amp?

or is it in subwoofer settings, which its at 0, since i have a 4volt output, should i put subwoofer settings in the negative and rely the clarion eq and amp to smooth out the rest?

Also where can i get a cheap ocsilloscope? i really dont want to blown up the soundqubed 18s in near future.

On my Pioneer head unit : SLA at 0, bass boost at 0, but subwoofer signal at +6 (the max, to have the 4 volts at max volume). My eq is set flat.

On AP amps : if it's only what you want to spend, go for it, or get something used from a more reputable brand. I work hard for my money, I don't like to spend it on bad equipments.

Don't forget it is easier to sell well known brands, they keep value in the long time.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I've had an audiopipe apc3000.1d for a couple years now and bang the hell outta it, never really got hot, but i have ran into issues of blowing up subs even with gain at quarter gain, and 0 bass boost. i have blown 2 kicker comp R 15S that came out a couple years redesigned. i blew 2 kicker l7 15's which took about a year to do. now saving to get soundqubed 3.0 18's. but before saving for those i threw in the mtx 12s terminator in sealed box, and the amp only not even half gain...lasted 3 days. i tried rockfordfosgate punch old school in sealed box with amp at quarter way gain, burnt up sezied the coil lasted almost a week. and than finally installed a punch p3 10 in a small ported box. at quarter gain. blew the cone straight out the surround and locked up...? I ALSO HAVE THREE BATTERIES. DOES THE AUDIOPIPE PUT OUT CLOSE TO 3000WATTS EVEN AT LOW GAIN OR SOMETHING?

You keep blowing subs and haven't figured out it's due to your amp being dirty? You're a slow learner it appears.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You are not over powering all the subs you keep blowing. Obviously there is an issue and overpowering is definitely not it. You need to start by make sure you have a clean signal to the amp and the the gain is set correctly. It is very hard to blow a sub when sending it clean power. You would be amazed what kind of abuse modt subs can handle when there is no extra heat building up due to a clipped signal

Im not a slow learner. Which doesnt help the subject. Thanks for that...i believe im over powering the subs and i know alot of people dont believe thats possible.

Or maybe you're sending square waves to all of the subs...

Kyle was right though, just keep buying more drivers, that's the solution.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Im not a slow learner. Which doesnt help the subject. Thanks for that...i believe im over powering the subs and i know alot of people dont believe thats possible.

Or maybe you're sending square waves to all of the subs...

Kyle was right though, just keep buying more drivers, that's the solution.

gain is not a volume knob either mr. half gain -.-

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived