Yellow1000 Posted December 17, 2015 Report Posted December 17, 2015 Anyone have a good basic vented design for an X-12? I have a thread on this woofer in the sundown section but no replies on my box question. Anyway long story short, sub is functioning properly just need a proper box. So what works best for these ? Their site suggests 40 sq inches or port area but playing with the box calculator I can't get it tuned in the mid 30s and have their suggested port area. What am I doing wrong? I always end up in the 40s according to the calculator. I have a RF p1000 to run this at 1 ohm, so should get about 1-1100 rms.
CleanSierra Posted December 17, 2015 Report Posted December 17, 2015 You want 35ish? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted December 17, 2015 Report Posted December 17, 2015 Give me dimensions you have to work with please. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 17, 2015 Report Posted December 17, 2015 What box calculator were you using? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Yellow1000 Posted December 17, 2015 Author Report Posted December 17, 2015 I am using an ap called ultimate box calculator. I mean I can get it tuned low enough. But I end up really short of sundowns suggested 40 square inches to get it low enough. And It's going in a Ford Escape. I have up to 40 wide, 36 deep (front to back) and up to 16 tall to stay well below the rear seat height. Yes I think 35 would be great for it. But I don't know what these woofers like to play. I assume mid to low 30s hz range ?
ChevyBoy95 Posted December 17, 2015 Report Posted December 17, 2015 I am using an ap called ultimate box calculator. I mean I can get it tuned low enough. But I end up really short of sundowns suggested 40 square inches to get it low enough. And It's going in a Ford Escape. I have up to 40 wide, 36 deep (front to back) and up to 16 tall to stay well below the rear seat height. Yes I think 35 would be great for it. But I don't know what these woofers like to play. I assume mid to low 30s hz range ? The box is what will truly dictate what a sub plays. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Yellow1000 Posted December 17, 2015 Author Report Posted December 17, 2015 Yes I understand That, but some woofers will play certain frequencies better then others. I would love 33-35 out of this one.
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 17, 2015 Report Posted December 17, 2015 This is for one sub, correct? You have TONS of space. There is no reason you can't have the box be tuned low enough while maintaining enough port area, just make that port longer. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted December 17, 2015 Report Posted December 17, 2015 So here is something basic, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3", figure is just an assembly guide:
Yellow1000 Posted December 19, 2015 Author Report Posted December 19, 2015 So the back piece of the port is 23 inches across the back of the box?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.