Second Skin Audio

X-12 box suggestion, can't get it low enough.

Yellow1000

Anyone have a good basic vented design for an X-12? I have a thread on this woofer in the sundown section but no replies on my box question. Anyway long story short, sub is functioning properly just need a proper box. So what works best for these ? Their site suggests 40 sq inches or port area but playing with the box calculator I can't get it tuned in the mid 30s and have their suggested port area. What am I doing wrong? I always end up in the 40s according to the calculator. I have a RF p1000 to run this at 1 ohm, so should get about 1-1100 rms.

I am using an ap called ultimate box calculator. I mean I can get it tuned low enough. But I end up really short of sundowns suggested 40 square inches to get it low enough. And It's going in a Ford Escape. I have up to 40 wide, 36 deep (front to back) and up to 16 tall to stay well below the rear seat height. Yes I think 35 would be great for it. But I don't know what these woofers like to play. I assume mid to low 30s hz range ?

I am using an ap called ultimate box calculator. I mean I can get it tuned low enough. But I end up really short of sundowns suggested 40 square inches to get it low enough. And It's going in a Ford Escape. I have up to 40 wide, 36 deep (front to back) and up to 16 tall to stay well below the rear seat height. Yes I think 35 would be great for it. But I don't know what these woofers like to play. I assume mid to low 30s hz range ?

The box is what will truly dictate what a sub plays.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

This is for one sub, correct? You have TONS of space. There is no reason you can't have the box be tuned low enough while maintaining enough port area, just make that port longer.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived