The way the enclosure is put in my car it acts like a 6th order but only the box itself is calculated and its tuned to 32hz but the second "chamber" must be tuned really high since i peak at over 50hz. the ski hatch in the back is acting like the second port and im wondering if there is any way to tune it so it will play lower? i dont have any experience with 6th orders so i dont know if its the chamber of the box i should try to lower or i have to change the size or length of the "port" in the back seats? im guessing i have a really high tuning on that hole since im peaking so high?

those wonderful DISA valves. they eventually fall apart and the metal pin that holds the flap in place likes to fall into the intake and from there into one of the cylinders. What a great design.

on the m57 diesels yes, standard to delete those, not a problem on the m52tu's. pretty much the only problems they have had with the m52s are radiators and the crank case ventilation. other than that great engine, having a little hard time on idle with playing music with the new alternator, need to give it 1000+rpms if not it will dip down into 5-600 when the alternator all of a sudden starts to charge hard.

I've seen more than a few M52TU disa problems, worse than just wearing out. Even worse with the M54s. I have no experience with the M57 Diesels over here in the states because Americans don't buy cool cars, so BMW doesn't sell them here.

The idle valve probably doesn't recognize the load so it doesn't like to compensate by letting more air in. Good luck with it.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

• 1 month later...

trying to recone the old blown subs, first subs i ever tried reconing so hoping it will go well.
u21z0V7.jpgwYyC08g.jpg
going to let the glue dry and i will test it tomorrow to see that the coil dont rub, hopefully it will be fine and i can recone the second sub. were concidering building 4 of them in a box but think im just going to sell them and get some bigass 15s. not sure if im going to be doing dc lvl5s or buy some b2 xm15v2's

as someone who has pushed those same two subs to reach a 150.0 in the kick peaking at 32hz... Id say power needs to be reduced and box size and port might need to be increased. Box size mostly. It looked a tad small.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

as someone who has pushed those same two subs to reach a 150.0 in the kick peaking at 32hz... Id say power needs to be reduced and box size and port might need to be increased. Box size mostly. It looked a tad small.

box is about 105liters without subs, b2 recomend 40-60liters net, the problem is that i cant really do a much bigger box if im not going to build it inside the car.. this one i can easily get in and out. the opening in the hatch is really narrow and low... some of the problem is that my build acts as a 6th order and it looks like the subs have alot of resistance against the wall of the back seats as mine dont move as much as a m8 who has them backwards in a trunk. they are taking the power im pushing to them fine now, can play all day without smell and they get alittle hot after several songs full tilt.

those xm's are nice as hell. Heard some at a show and they slammed

Edit: Also, if you want some big ass 15's look at the X2C's lol. 1600oz motors. On top of that, one sub can take the power of a damn house. Monsters

http://www.b2audio.com/x2c

yeah the x2c's are beasts, a guy here in norway had 4 of them in a vw golf, he was champion in his class in norway in EMMA ESPL. they are working on a prototype now with a 6inch coil :shok: going to need a new car anyway when i switch subs, not really that interested in trying to wall anything in this car, lots of electronics to kill and a big heavy mirror in the windscreen with rain sensors and lots of stuff in so i dont want to pull it of and if i go really loud im pretty sure the window will blow when seeing how much it flexes at only 143db...

• 2 weeks later...

Aaand the bad luck is back again... The repaired dc 5k Just shit the bed again... Just heard a loud pop when i was talking to a friend in the car beside me. Got out of the car and went back to check and i smelled it instantly. This time it wasnt stuck on like the last, now it Just wont turn on at all...

Archived