Why not extend port through the ski hole. So you get dirrect shot to the cabin?..

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not extend port through the ski hole. So you get dirrect shot to the cabin?..

then the subbs would be playing sealed and i would probably have to calculate how much airspace they should have and all that, the way ive done it now all the air still gets through the ski hole since ive air sealed it at the baffle and both the port and subbs work on getting the air into the cabin. Can't know wich one is louder without trying it ofc but i dont believe there will be a major difference

there is a guy locally who got 2 of those 12s your talking about. with the 15"xc motor or whatever lettering it is lol. he had some car issues and is getting a new vehicle so now he is selling them. brand new, never seen power. pretty sure they are on caco for sale. could definitely get them a little quicker than march haha

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

The motor on the custom 12's with xm motor actually has bigger motor and magner than the xc series, xc is around 1000Oz, xm is 1075, Just looks alittle different. Xm has the design og rhe x2c series so better cooling and overall better than the xc. And is tuned abit more towards music, kinda high fs on the xc's. They are more meant for competition and burping but work on music but the xm is meant for everything. And about the getting the subs in march is because i'm leaving for work today and won't get home untill the 6th

• 2 weeks later...

okey, little update, subs are ordered, getting them next week hopefully, and then its try two. lot's of work to be done before the subs are going in though, getting my bit one in the car aswell before im putting the subs in, bought some new toys, one of them are a 12v bluetooth reciever with toslink out so not going to be using the headunit anymore. and stripping the interior of the car to dampen the roof and putting in 3 runs of 1/0 from front to back because i just ordered this baby
BiXQcVg.jpg

Im currently at sea, getting home in 5 days and then im starting the work on the car, hoping to have it bumping in about 2 weeks.

And i also have a question, i can't buy the sky high ring terminals without it costing me like 200bucks in shipping so im wondering if im going to have to buy the 2/0 terminals to make them fit my sky high 1/0? been looking at these and would belive they would fit?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0-AWG-gauge-5-16-non-insulated-copper-Ring-Terminal-Lug-QTY-20-Pack-CUR20516/271514729085?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D5ccea8618ced490bb7e2614e04a7ae7b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D271839924667

• 2 weeks later...

got some cable work done to prepare for the ny alternator and got to test the bit one finally and it sounds amazing with it. b2 is waiting for parts to build the subs so i still don't have them so im doing as much as i can before the box goes in... since i can't fold down my rear seats i have to put the subs in the box before i put the box in and the box have to be in before i can mount all the amps so now im mostly just waiting on the subs. xuKCitk.jpgDcnWTO3.jpggot the carpet back in again, little work to be done at the front still and getting the seat back in but starting to get done now, the part in the car that u can see on the picture that is light gray i had a plug that has a steel center and a gasket around it and the steel had rusted to shit so water had started to get in but i was lucky to discover it now because the car itself just had some rust on the surface there so i got the rust away and sprayed with sink coating.
0PMYNZm.jpgand i also found my mounting spot for the drc, still not sure where to put my voltmeter... layed the cable for it now that i had the carpet kinda out but not sure where it will fit good... not to many spots to put it that it will not look out of place in my car... not my biggest concern atm so going to focus on getting it all back together and just get the mids and highs playing for now, not been using this car since i got home and just want to be able to drive it and have some music even though it will have no lows until i get my subs.
96KL29W.jpg

Sweet location for the DRC. I'm thinking something similar myself.

What voltmeter? I had to modify mine to get it to fit in my dash.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

very nice work!! I own e39 myself but no system yet..

Is that metal sheet behind the back seat removable ?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Sweet location for the DRC. I'm thinking something similar myself.

What voltmeter? I had to modify mine to get it to fit in my dash.

i bought the brax one that u can calibrate yourself but it's kinda big, about the size of the drc so not sure, the e46 got the compartment at the front wich is nice, e39 is abit different so its just a flat spot that goes abit down...

Archived