Triticum Agricolam Posted December 20, 2015 Report Posted December 20, 2015 I'm with CleanSierra, I'd use no less than three 8" aeros. 9 cubes is pretty huge for a front chamber, your output is going to be peaky as hell. This is also what you get when you try to use a low Q sub in a 4th order bandpass box. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just know what you are going to be getting. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
noser7 Posted December 20, 2015 Author Report Posted December 20, 2015 Oh yea screw that i dont want a 1 note wonder. I want to be loud as possibpe while sounding cleeeaaan. How do you guys calculate this stuff?
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 20, 2015 Report Posted December 20, 2015 Oh yea screw that i dont want a 1 note wonder. I want to be loud as possibpe while sounding cleeeaaan. How do you guys calculate this stuff? Box modeling software, there are lots to choose from (WinISD, BassBoxPro, Hornresp, TermPro, etc). Some are free, some are not. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
noser7 Posted December 20, 2015 Author Report Posted December 20, 2015 Ohhh i see i need ti modernize already
hdorre Posted December 20, 2015 Report Posted December 20, 2015 How do you guys calculate this stuff?A calculator and some experience. I could see 2 8" aeros working just fine for 2 12s... Actually, real well.. Bit too much actually. However for the 3 12s, i dont see it being near enough. I would personally use a slot or middle port though, which would allow you to easily shrink. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
kirill007 Posted December 20, 2015 Report Posted December 20, 2015 How do you guys calculate this stuff?A calculator and some experience.I could see 2 8" aeros working just fine for 2 12s... Actually, real well.. Bit too much actually. However for the 3 12s, i dont see it being near enough. I would personally use a slot or middle port though, which would allow you to easily shrink. Not in a fourth order bandpass. (And there isn't really a point where the port get's too big.) Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
hdorre Posted December 20, 2015 Report Posted December 20, 2015 (And there isn't really a point where the port get's too big.)Bad wording on my part, maybe... but I've seen in person where shrinking helped gain.. Like, in my wall personally. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Kyblack76 Posted December 20, 2015 Report Posted December 20, 2015 (And there isn't really a point where the port get's too big.)Bad wording on my part, maybe... but I've seen in person where shrinking helped gain.. Like, in my wall personally. no, your right. Build big and shrink to peak. Other wise you just wouldnt even have a loading wall. Everyone that does band passes goes big, and brings down to peak. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
CleanSierra Posted December 20, 2015 Report Posted December 20, 2015 (And there isn't really a point where the port get's too big.)Bad wording on my part, maybe... but I've seen in person where shrinking helped gain.. Like, in my wall personally. no, your right. Build big and shrink to peak. Other wise you just wouldnt even have a loading wall. Everyone that does band passes goes big, and brings down to peak. This. The one thing I have NOT done in my truck yet, is mess with port area. Wonder if there are some hidden dBs in there... Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
noser7 Posted December 20, 2015 Author Report Posted December 20, 2015 So its better to have moreport than not Enough
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.