Walled suburban 1500 sway problem

thats great about the leafs, but i've already said twice that it has coils. thanks though man! i appreciate all of your input and help.

sounds like a plan, ill try hunting down a bigger spring and panhard and ill get a larger sway bar. if i dont have any luck, bags it is!

3 350 amp 6 phase js alts

6 custom sundown 18s

4 ft1 tweets

8 8" pwx mids

18 g31 agm batts
2 crescendo 12k

1 american bass gt3200.4

1 jl slash 300/4

~600 feet of 1/0 ofc knu

You don't need a bigger seeing. But your springs are probably worn to shit. I say get a new set of stock springs and yes do helpers because helpers save spring, and the panhard rod/bar

I know you say you don't want helpers but I bet your truck sags pretty good right now and your rear springs are shot

Upgraded sway bar.

Stiffer coils.

Better shocks.

There is no difference in rear suspension between 2wd and 4wd on that truck.

Static drops are my bag.

im sorry you have coil springs, why in gods name cheverolet keeps going back to this shit just for a "nice" ride is beyond me. didnt work in the 60's aint gonna work now. regardless, 10 ply tires will help the most. then go from there, pretty crazy what going from 35psi 4 ply tires to 90psi 10 ply's can do

We used these guys for custom applications years ago. They'll want an estimated weight at least.

http://www.coilsprings.com

Suspension basics:

--Springs/bags/helpers carry the weight and control ride height and majority of ride stiffness. Axle to frame mount. Very strong. Weight carrying points.

--Shocks control bounce and rebound and also factor into the ride quality. The tabs they are mounted to are not designed to carry weight. Just look at the tabs and see how much strength there isn't compared to the axle and frame mounts for the spring.

--Sway bars control sway. Bigger is not always better, but in this case more stiffness could definitely help.

--Panhard/trac bar keeps the axle centered in the vehicle. In an extreme case I guess it could flex enough to give the feel of too much sway, but I've never seen it. If you are outside of factory ride height you may need an adjustable bar to get the axle centered again.

--Heavier load rating tires would definitely stiffen up the feel.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived