Sundown Audio

Hifonics

Matthew Williams

I had an issue with dirty power. I had a their 5 channel brx5000.5 on a dc level 3 15. Kept on getting coil burn. Switched to a much nicer (and expensive) amplifier of higher wattage and didn't experience it again. That's my two cents.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Judging by the reactions, it seems like it is better to pay the extra then to run into ANY of these problems I might face. Nothing wrong with that.

Not at all. That's what these forums are for. I'm glad you didn't take any of this negatively. Some people take this constructive criticism as a personal attack, which it obviously is not.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Judging by the reactions, it seems like it is better to pay the extra then to run into ANY of these problems I might face. Nothing wrong with that.

Not at all. That's what these forums are for. I'm glad you didn't take any of this negatively. Some people take this constructive criticism as a personal attack, which it obviously is not.

I don't. I really love this site for this. If I want an honest answer that gets straight to the point, this is where it's at. All comments have been helpful in deciding my next route.

Im not trying to be a dick in any way.

Im just trying to clear up information on this whole cea2006 testing which people are trying to use as a selling point.

But no one wants to listen and wants to buy a product for the wrong reason that is completely fine by me since its not my money.

See some poeple on this site have a very large amount of logic and smarts on this site. While there are others buying no name flea market stuff claiming and thinking its the best but then wondering why their woofers cracked in half, then once told they understand why or at least you thought they listened but went back to the flea market and bought the same woofers again. That is a person you dont want to take advice from! But again to each their own :)

I've been rocking the brx series for the past few years with no problems. I am a professional and know they put out a bit less than rated so my system was planned around that from the beginning. I also have good electrical as that's what is needed when dealing with hifonics. Give them good juice and they work pretty good especially for the price. Most people who had problems didnt really care about quality hence the reason why they think you can can run 2k on stock electrical full tilt all day.

I've been rocking the brx series for the past few years with no problems. I am a professional and know they put out a bit less than rated so my system was planned around that from the beginning. I also have good electrical as that's what is needed when dealing with hifonics. Give them good juice and they work pretty good especially for the price. Most people who had problems didnt really care about quality hence the reason why they think you can can run 2k on stock electrical full tilt all day.

Everybody is a professional on the internet.

To be honest I cant think of any 1 real professional that I know through out the car audio community that is a real professional with certificates and extensive training, or that owns a shop that would rock a Hifonics amp, or even offer their products.

I guess my view maybe flawed and more realistic of what a professional is however.

So since everybodyknows yous, what makes you a professional?

Just curious.

Everybody is a professional on the internet.

To be honest I cant think of any 1 real professional that I know through out the car audio community that is a real professional with certificates and extensive training, or that owns a shop that would rock a Hifonics amp, or even offer their products.

I guess my view maybe flawed and more realistic of what a professional is however.

So since everybodyknows yous, what makes you a professional?

Just curious.

audiotistics

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178121-impala-wall-6-rockford-fosgate-t1-15s/page-9

20140502_190733_zps95e0b256.jpg

Archived