Table saw options

Frank H

The majority of my power tools are Dewalt, and I've been very happy with most of them, until I got some Bosch tools. While the Bosch and Dewalt tools seem to be pretty similar is quality of construction, the Bosch comes out way ahead when it comes to quality of design. If I were to do things over there would be a lot more blue in my shop and a lot less yellow.

Now when it comes to those portable table saws, unless you plan on building them into a big saw station, I think you would probably be better served with a Makita (or similar) track saw and a 4' x 8' piece of foam board to cut on. It would cost about the same and would be a LOT more flexible in what you could do with it.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

circular saw with a good straight edge and better yet a track saw I think would be better. Table saws really come into their own when you have to repeat cuts over and over again or for things like mortise and tenons joints or dados. You are still going to have to do a rip cut to bring a big piece down with a circular saw unless you have a big nice saw station or a jig type setup for your jobsite saw.

a table saw with a less than 30" rip fence is more trouble then its worth I have found. I own a 7480 and its a pain, its light which is nice but I should have saved my money.

I would consider Kobalt.

Hand tools I'd agree, power tools not so much.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

circular saw with a good straight edge and better yet a track saw I think would be better. Table saws really come into their own when you have to repeat cuts over and over again or for things like mortise and tenons joints or dados. You are still going to have to do a rip cut to bring a big piece down with a circular saw unless you have a big nice saw station or a jig type setup for your jobsite saw.

a table saw with a less than 30" rip fence is more trouble then its worth I have found. I own a 7480 and its a pain, its light which is nice but I should have saved my money.

Ive never been a big fan of the smaller home type table saws. I use a big 220volt delta industrial saw, absolutely love it. Ripping 36+ inches.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived