Lakeshow94 Posted January 3, 2016 Author Report Posted January 3, 2016 is there a new router that you would recommend that is not too expensive? I prefer to only buy tools new. I don't mind spending a bit for a tool I might end up using more in the future. 1999 Lexus GS 300 Pioneer DEH-80PRS Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later) Northstar Group 31 & 24 Sundown SCV-4000 Rockford T400-4 2 12" CT Sound Meso CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components CT Sounds Tropo 6.5
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 I use my woodworking tools a LOT so I'm kind of a "buy once, cry once" kind of person. I've been through three different routers and this one is the best for the money IMHO: http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1617EVS-2-1-Variable-Speed-Router/dp/B00004TKHV/ If you don't want to spend that much, there are some routers on amazon for under $100 that get pretty good reviews (a Black & Decker for example), but I don't have any experience with them. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
MotorCityFats13 Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 is there a new router that you would recommend that is not too expensive? I prefer to only buy tools new. I don't mind spending a bit for a tool I might end up using more in the future. its often not recomended but if you have a 20% off coupon and in a pinch you can score one from harbor freight for about $45... the bits will cost you... I bought my craftsman for like $85 on sale and it has worked flawless for years.... bits are expensive so I have been putting name brand ones together slowly with ebay auctions
reedal Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 Even with a router there's nothing to say you won't mess up the cutout at all. mark around the sub where you need it cut back and take it slow using a sweeping motion SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
3vil Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 How did this issue go unnoticed when you were picking up/paying for said box?
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 How did this issue go unnoticed when you were picking up/paying for said box? Its an easy mistake to make, especially since the manufacturer's published outside diameter spec is often wrong (at least that's been my experience). Unless you dropped the subs in when you picked up the box, you wouldn't know. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
3vil Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 That makes sense I guess. I assumed the subs would be left with the box builder you know, to ensure the box actually sounds decent. Any ways, box is easy to fix. I'd still bring it to the builders attention though.
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 Yeah it's one of many reasons why I really prefer to have the subs on hand when I build a box. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 Cell phone double tap.... "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Lakeshow94 Posted January 3, 2016 Author Report Posted January 3, 2016 It was mainly an issue of distance. I should of brought a sub to drop in when I picked it up though. What were some of your ideas/what bits should I get to try them? 1999 Lexus GS 300 Pioneer DEH-80PRS Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later) Northstar Group 31 & 24 Sundown SCV-4000 Rockford T400-4 2 12" CT Sound Meso CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components CT Sounds Tropo 6.5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.