No midbass with new speakers

Irocthestreetz

My durango came stock with a infinity system that had amazing mid bass even without any deadening or sealing of the doors. I re did my system with all soundqubed equipment and even after having them break in for a while and installing the components with f.a.s.t. rings I still have no midbass response even with the speakers crossed around 70hz so what gives? The stock infinitys were 2ohm and I'm unsure of what the amps wattage was but my sq amp is 90 rms and is definitely louder but I have zero midbass and I'm confused. Help?

One thing to try would be to put the original speakers back in to test. Then you could narrow down if its the speakers or the amp. Did you change head units? I know that would be a lot of work but sometimes troubleshooting can be a challenge. Sometimes factory amps have equalization or crossovers or other goofy things built in too.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

One thing to try would be to put the original speakers back in to test. Then you could narrow down if its the speakers or the amp. Did you change head units? I know that would be a lot of work but sometimes troubleshooting can be a challenge. Sometimes factory amps have equalization or crossovers or other goofy things built in too.

Sadly no can do, the infinity amp blew them apart over the years haha. And yes I upgraded to a pioneer avh7700bt

As long as you can set where it crosses over you should be good. Are you running a sub? (If not then 70hz is too high and that's where it went) Regardless you should be able to play it at medium volume and slowly turn the crossover point down on your song with the midbass to see if it comes back. I only turn my front crossover up enough to keep the fronts from distorting with low frequencies that are hard for it to play. (distortion) I usually end up around 60hz but that's just me.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived