No midbass with new speakers

Irocthestreetz

As long as you can set where it crosses over you should be good. Are you running a sub? (If not then 70hz is too high and that's where it went) Regardless you should be able to play it at medium volume and slowly turn the crossover point down on your song with the midbass to see if it comes back. I only turn my front crossover up enough to keep the fronts from distorting with low frequencies that are hard for it to play. (distortion) I usually end up around 60hz but that's just me.

Thanks I guess I'll just have to play around with it more though I do remember when I first set it up i had the amp on full range but the speakers would crackle when playing loud and that's when I was told to turn the full range off. Did I just have it set to low then? And yes im running a 15 at 2300wrms

The F.A.S.T ring system is to aid in midbass response but the entire door needs treatment of deadening for speakers to perform there best. Its all in the prep and then tuning IMO.

The F.A.S.T ring system is to aid in midbass response but the entire door needs treatment of deadening for speakers to perform there best. Its all in the prep and then tuning IMO.

That was my first thought when I noticed the lack of midbass that I just need to do a proper deaden and seal.but the infinitys had no problem creating great mid bass even without the rings

Here is a way to test for proper phase. If you can see the speaker cone through the grill then take a 1.5 volt battery like a AAA or AA or C or D and disconnect speaker wires from amp and hold + wire on to the + and - wire on the - of the battery. When you make connection and the cone goes out then phase is correct. If the cone pulls back then wiring somewhere is reversed (just hook that one backwards on the amp) We used this method back in the day on factory speakers.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Here is a way to test for proper phase. If you can see the speaker cone through the grill then take a 1.5 volt battery like a AAA or AA or C or D and disconnect speaker wires from amp and hold + wire on to the + and - wire on the - of the battery. When you make connection and the cone goes out then phase is correct. If the cone pulls back then wiring somewhere is reversed (just hook that one backwards on the amp) We used this method back in the day on factory speakers.

That is awesome advice I will try that, thank you!

That was my first thought when I noticed the lack of midbass that I just need to do a proper deaden and seal.but the infinitys had no problem creating great mid bass even without the rings

Ya so did the wifes Malibu as a stock system it had so ok Midbass on HU power. I put T3 comps in without deadening and the sounded ok But once i Deadened and added acoustic foam plus the F.A.S.T. ring system did the speakers shine. Just the way it sometimes. ?

As long as you can set where it crosses over you should be good. Are you running a sub? (If not then 70hz is too high and that's where it went) Regardless you should be able to play it at medium volume and slowly turn the crossover point down on your song with the midbass to see if it comes back. I only turn my front crossover up enough to keep the fronts from distorting with low frequencies that are hard for it to play. (distortion) I usually end up around 60hz but that's just me.

Thanks I guess I'll just have to play around with it more though I do remember when I first set it up i had the amp on full range but the speakers would crackle when playing loud and that's when I was told to turn the full range off. Did I just have it set to low then? And yes im running a 15 at 2300wrms

So right now your amp is in high pass? What's the xover set to, and are you running any passive xover networks? You might just have it set too high, and are cutting out all the midbass signal.

So right now your amp is in high pass? What's the xover set to, and are you running any passive xover networks? You might just have it set too high, and are cutting out all the midbass signal.

Yes, it's set to approx 70hz I believe. If I try to turn it down lower much more the speakers crackle at high volume. Honestly I'm not sure what a passive xover is..I have my tweeters and mids connected to a seperate crossover if that's what you're referring too.

Archived