No midbass with new speakers

Irocthestreetz

I'm not very familiar with this component set. Does the passive xover have jumpers/switches inside to change cut offs? And are you sure your woofer and tweeter are wired to the correct outputs on the xover?

No, no switches or jumpers. I have my set still, and now that I've looked at it there's no attenuation switch either. I never used the crossovers so I just assumed they were like almost every other passive crossover

here is food for thought, maybe the comps come with a pre installed cap on the board, check to see if there is a high value cap 100uf or more near the amplifiers positive input on the crossover.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

here is food for thought, maybe the comps come with a pre installed cap on the board, check to see if there is a high value cap 100uf or more near the amplifiers positive input on the crossover.

The only cap is not "near" the positive input (so to speak). It's on the opposite side, above the tweeter output

I think he has few issues going on here. How did he set the gains first off? What are the HU setting when he set them, everything 0 out i hope. Does the amp rms match the speakers. And the door need treated as i said early. Stock Malibu system had some good midbass but they didnt get loud and that was by design. Now the T3's sound fucking clean and low but it took the work to make it happen. Not the first system i installed and there was a huge difference after sound deadening and acoustic foam/matting in the doors.

I would check all your wiring again. Set gains properly, and make sure all HU setting are flat. Then keep trouble shooting cautiously.

I think he has few issues going on here. How did he set the gains first off? What are the HU setting when he set them, everything 0 out i hope. Does the amp rms match the speakers. And the door need treated as i said early. Stock Malibu system had some good midbass but they didnt get loud and that was by design. Now the T3's sound fucking clean and low but it took the work to make it happen. Not the first system i installed and there was a huge difference after sound deadening and acoustic foam/matting in the doors.

I would check all your wiring again. Set gains properly, and make sure all HU setting are flat. Then keep trouble shooting cautiously.

I set gain with a dmm and everything was set at flat levels. Only problem is that I don't know what decibel the sine wave is played at.

The amp is 90wrms x 4 and the speakers are 100wrms.

This weekend I will replace all the speaker wire with shca 14 awg ofc, install my soundqubed pa's in the rear door, test phase on all speakers, and retune the amp. Hopefully by next month I will start sound deadening.

I'm not very familiar with this component set. Does the passive xover have jumpers/switches inside to change cut offs? And are you sure your woofer and tweeter are wired to the correct outputs on the xover?

No switches. My pioneer has lpf/hpf and manual slope adjustment but I have no idea how to set it and how to turn my amps hpf/lpf "off"

I set gain with a dmm and everything was set at flat levels. Only problem is that I don't know what decibel the sine wave is played at.

The amp is 90wrms x 4 and the speakers are 100wrms.

This weekend I will replace all the speaker wire with shca 14 awg ofc, install my soundqubed pa's in the rear door, test phase on all speakers, and retune the amp. Hopefully by next month I will start sound deadening.

4 doors to deaden then, thats always fun....

Archived