Sonic Electronix

Did you mention what vehicle it is yet?

I saw the power you are planning. What subs do you think you're going to end up with and what orientation?

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!! I'M TRYING TO KEEP IT UNDER WRAPS LOL..... DONT NEED EVERYONE KNOWING ABOUT IT.... BUT THANK YOU FOR THE INFO, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE BUILDS AND TALK TO THESE "SO CALLED PEOPLE" YOU TALK ABOUT LOL

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

You're keeping your vehicle under wraps? I don't see the mystery. Hardly anyone that is on SMD competes in AZ. I will not be in the lanes this year.

ITS A LONG STORY SO I TRY TO JUST PLAY IT OFF... BOTTOM LINE IS YOU WILL SEE IT MAYBE, TO TELL YOU HONESTLY I DONT EVEN KNOW IF I PLAN ON COMPETING BECAUSE THERE ISNT SHIT OUT HERE ANYMORE... AND ALMOST EVERYONE THAT COMPETES IS A 2 FACE BITCH THAT WONT TELL YOU WHAT THEY THINK UP FRONT AND HAVE OPIONIONS ON YOU BEFORE THEY EVEN KNOW THE SHIT..... BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY LOL...

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

There are a few big systems out here. The MECA director from last year has jumped ship and is now going to do DB Drag. I am not competitive in DB Drag and won't be paying money to compete in an extreme class.

I KNOW THE GUY, HELPED HIM AND HIS OLD PARTNER OPEN UP SHOP HERE... BOTTOM LINE IT SUCKS OUT HERE AS FAR AS SHOWS GO...

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

People have been using vibraflex before ampere even started selling it.

The stuff is huge in the Euros and in competition, long before it was sold by Tantric, and now Ampere.

People here are afraid of spending money and they thing some product with a bunch of butyl rubber and a thin flexible 6mil piece of aluminum is better, or even worse yet they will buy asphalt based roofing material and put that in their car..

The SecondSkin DampPro is better than skyhigh due to the aluminum that they use alone.

A butyl based deadener alone will only do so much no matter how many layers you install, the vibraflex is not like a deadener since its hard and rigid.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT... SO JUST TO MAKE SURE I READ THIS RIGHT.... VIBRAFLEX DOES NOT DO WHAT DEADNERS DO?

Correct, It shits all over other deadeners.

1 layer of vibraflex will out do 2+ layers of your other deadeners. It will add a massive amount of rigidity to the roof.

You could probably walk on your roof without any bowing of the metal after applying it..

You are pretty much putting a lead panel on your roof with sticky adhesive...

The only drawbacks to the stuff is its really for flat or somewhat curved surfaces like a roof your not bending this stuff around tight radius corners like your typical dampeners.

The other drawback to it is cost (which isnt a drawback but everyone wants the cheapest deadener out there not caring about quality it seems) which is about $120 for 21 square feet.

Butyl on deadener doesnt do much but ad mass to the panel, the strength comes from the foil used on the deadener.

Skyhigh is 120mil, but only a 6mil soft aluminum foil that bends very easy.

Now if you look at Knukonceptz kolossus deadener that is only 100mil thick but uses a 10mil soft foil it would be a better deadener than sky highs 120mil, and its cheaper.

Then you look at SecondSkin Damplifier Pro 80mil and it only uses a 6.5mil foil, but its not the same soft aluminum that these other guys are using, its a rigid foil like an aluminum can that doesnt like to bend easily around tight radius's.

The foil used on the SecondSkin deadeners is the best being used out of all your other deadeners and costs more due to that and Im sure that it is made in USA adds to the cost a tad too, but it is really a better product due to that foil alone. This foil will slice your fingers to hell and back if your not careful or wearing gloves, no other deadeners do this and that is because the thin flimsy foil they use which is like the aluminum foil you buy for wrapping up left overs and cooking...

So if it was me Id do 1 layer of vibraflex and see how you like the roof stiffness after, if your still not happy with it (which I doubt) add another layer of it, or of another deadener though I doubt adding an additional layer of butyl based deadener with a soft foil will do much.

So if the deadener your looking at flops down like a noodle under its own weight and cant remain horizontal I wouldnt buy it personally. Both vibraflex and secondskin dont have this problem.

Also for what its worth and from what I was told from a trusted source in the business these knukonceptz, skyhigh, and murder mat all come from the same factory.

Also your able to buy B-stock from Secondskin which is fairly decent sized pieces that are cut from sheets that had defects in them and couldnt be sold as new.

Their 40 pounder boxes of bstock deadener are rather popular.

http://store.secondskinaudio.com/b-stock/

The stuff is huge in the Euros and in competition, long before it was sold by Tantric, and now Ampere.

People here are afraid of spending money and they thing some product with a bunch of butyl rubber and a thin flexible 6mil piece of aluminum is better, or even worse yet they will buy asphalt based roofing material and put that in their car..

The SecondSkin DampPro is better than skyhigh due to the aluminum that they use alone.

A butyl based deadener alone will only do so much no matter how many layers you install, the vibraflex is not like a deadener since its hard and rigid.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT... SO JUST TO MAKE SURE I READ THIS RIGHT.... VIBRAFLEX DOES NOT DO WHAT DEADNERS DO?

1 layer of vibraflex will out do 2+ layers of your other deadeners. It will add a massive amount of rigidity to the roof.

You could probably walk on your roof without any bowing of the metal after applying it..

The only drawbacks to the stuff is its really for flat or somewhat curved surfaces like a roof your not bending this stuff around tight radius corners like your typical dampeners.

The other drawback to it is cost (which isnt a drawback but everyone wants the cheapest deadener out there not caring about quality it seems) which is about $120 for 21 square feet.

Butyl on deadener doesnt do much but ad mass to the panel, the strength comes from the foil used on the deadener.

Skyhigh is 120mil, but only a 6mil soft aluminum foil that bends very easy.

Now if you look at Knukonceptz kolossus deadener that is only 100mil thick but uses a 10mil soft foil it would be a better deadener than sky highs 120mil, and its cheaper.

Then you look at SecondSkin Damplifier Pro 80mil and it only uses a 6.5mil foil, but its not the same soft aluminum that these other guys are using, its a rigid foil like an aluminum can that doesnt like to bend easily around tight radius's.

The foil used on the SecondSkin deadeners is the best being used out of all your other deadeners and costs more due to that and Im sure that it is made in USA adds to the cost a tad too, but it is really a better product due to that foil alone. This foil will slice your fingers to hell and back if your not careful or wearing gloves, no other deadeners do this and that is because the thin flimsy foil they use which is like the aluminum foil you buy for wrapping up left overs and cooking...

So if it was me Id do 1 layer of vibraflex and see how you like the roof stiffness after, if your still not happy with it (which I doubt) add another layer of it, or of another deadener though I doubt adding an additional layer of butyl based deadener with a soft foil will do much.

So if the deadener your looking at flops down like a noodle under its own weight and cant remain horizontal I wouldnt buy it personally. Both vibraflex and secondskin dont have this problem.

Also for what its worth and from what I was told from a trusted source in the business these knukonceptz, skyhigh, and murder mat all come from the same factory.

Also your able to buy B-stock from Secondskin which is fairly decent sized pieces that are cut from sheets that had defects in them and couldnt be sold as new.

Their 40 pounder boxes of bstock deadener are rather popular.

http://store.secondskinaudio.com/b-stock/

Thank you Sir, this is the input I was looking for... And what your saying is exactly what I planned on doing but needed input on it before I spent money.. And Vibra-Flex is not that much, I found it for $130 for 36sq ft which to me is cheap...

Like I said earlier, I like Damplerfier Pro and have used it before so was going to get some but saw this video and thought it might do a better job

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

It dampens and adds rigidity, or at least is supposed to. And I have a feeling it does.

It doesn't dampen effectively (not at normal temperatures), it does add rigidity but with a bad weight to strength ratio.

I'd disagree, the stuff is rigid=not much dampening(deadening) going on.

It sure increases rigidity, but not in a efficient and easy to apply way.

It's quite a lot more efficient to glue sheets of aluminium to the roof(to the flat/slightly curved parts) or any stiff material that is a little bit bendable/pliable.

EDIT: agree with everything about Second Skin

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I wish id had gotten some b stock SS. Used it on the last build, and loved it.

I have some 80mil vibraflex im going to put on this morning in the car, and im trippin a bit on it. Its thick, and im a bit worried im gonna struggle with application.

We will see.

We did put a entire 160mil pack on Kennys roof, over the seats, b pillar forward. It worked fucking great. And its DB drag legal. Was like adding a second roof up there.

Archived