Second Skin Audio

Did i make the right choice??

thats not area :)

this

1.3 cu.ft

What about port area?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I have a box that i built at 3.6 cu.ft. and 35hz that i sold the subs too a long time ago. I wanted to put it to use again and sell the 2 12" DD subs i have currently becuase theyre D4's on my Kicker DX1000.1 that is only 2ohm stable and doesnt run 1ohm too well for some reason.

Im still stuck on this part.... its 2 ohm stable but does not run 1 ohm to well for some reason.... the reason is its only 2 ohm stable

Ok so was the original box designed and built for 4 10s? Did it sound good before? Are you just taking the old box and dropping new woofers in? Is your real question "is 1000 watts too much?"?

If all the answers are yes, then just put the subs in and go for it. You'll be fine. Eventually if you want more out of them try designing and building a box specifically for those skars. If one of the answers is "no" then I misunderstood something and wee are going to need measurement of the box and port so we can know how things will perform

Ok so was the original box designed and built for 4 10s? Did it sound good before? Are you just taking the old box and dropping new woofers in? Is your real question "is 1000 watts too much?"?

If all the answers are yes, then just put the subs in and go for it. You'll be fine. Eventually if you want more out of them try designing and building a box specifically for those skars. If one of the answers is "no" then I misunderstood something and wee are going to need measurement of the box and port so we can know how things will perform

I can still return the 10's and pay $20 more for the 12's but the box i have will be a little too small, and with the 10's the size is just fine. should i overpower the 10's in a good box or give rms to the 12's in a box too small?

I have a box that i built at 3.6 cu.ft. and 35hz that i sold the subs too a long time ago. I wanted to put it to use again and sell the 2 12" DD subs i have currently becuase theyre D4's on my Kicker DX1000.1 that is only 2ohm stable and doesnt run 1ohm too well for some reason.

Im still stuck on this part.... its 2 ohm stable but does not run 1 ohm to well for some reason.... the reason is its only 2 ohm stable

Ive ran 2ohm amps at 1ohm and 1 ohm amps at .5 ohm. I have proper electrical and cooling for it but it just cant do it very well. im sure there are some people with kicker amps that run at 1ohm all day

Archived