RyanRosier Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 So the other day I was at our local gas station picking up a pizza. Well an old "friend" I guess you'd say (more just that overly talkative guy everyone knows because he always has something better than your's(Supposedly)) But he was asking about if I had a system in my truck and of course he knew that answer but just his easy way of bringing up the subject. Now no lie, I'm running 2 Kicker Comp S 12's and a Kicker SX650.1 and I am the loudest one in our town of pop. 1,701. So I get asked quiet a lot to show it or let's hear it or do you have one? Same thing I do to other guys around here just simply because I want to see what everyone's got and just because I love the audio world. But I told him I was running only 650 watts now. (Miss my ZR240 because that thing got down at 2 ohms and peoples faces were amazing when I'd say it's only 240 watts.) But he said let's go hear it so we walked out and I threw some decaf on that when least expected would drop, some of my favorite tracks to make people think "eh then wow" Well in the end he was like bro that's really loud! Louder than I thought it would be. I asked him then if he had a system and I got the typical response of "Yeah but it's not in yet." I told him well I'll have to hear it sometime and he said "I don't know if you'll be hearing anything after words. So that got my attention I asked him what he would be running and he said "A 5,000 watt BOSS armor on 2 12" 2,500 Watt BOSS Phantoms." And he was dead serious when he said it would be way louder than me. I sat there unable to speak because i was just so shocked someone would actually say a BOSS system would be louder.. He said goodbye and I alughed the whole way home thinking about how could somebody walk up and brag about that junk, I let him think whatever but will definatly be there ready to laugh when someone schools him about the truth of BOSS Audio. I left it alone because guys like him in my book, can't be helped.. I Just had to share this with you all! 2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.
n8ball2013 Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 No matter how loud you are someone is always going to think they are louder. Even with my gear I heard something similar this summer on one of the rare times I gave a demo THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
la_01ninja Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 Boss louder than locker...... I wanna meet this guy lol.... Maybe if he has like 6 of those amps and 12 of those speakers.... Maybe... Lmao
Ahmed Johnson Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 He might be louder than you if he really has that. That boss 5000 might just push 800 watts, lol
RyanRosier Posted January 18, 2016 Author Report Posted January 18, 2016 No matter how loud you are someone is always going to think they are louder. Even with my gear I heard something similar this summer on one of the rare times I gave a demo I know right? But it's best to let someone else give em the new butt hole rather you and look mean or like a bad guy. It never fails if you set someone straight people would think well you're mean or you could have done it differently blah blah, but someone else tell them the same thing and people would say "well it's true, blah blah." I typically try to stay out of those situations Boss louder than locker...... I wanna meet this guy lol.... Maybe if he has like 6 of those amps and 12 of those speakers.... Maybe... Lmao I knoww He might be louder than you if he really has that. That boss 5000 might just push 800 watts, lol Well it will do 938 2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.
MotorCityFats13 Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 I had 2 12" kicker comps... I built to spec on the manual the 2.25cuft enclosures with the port they said and it was pretty impressive and at first I had them on a boss 3500... it would make the coils get smelly if I did not pay attention... they were louder on my brz1200.1d and sounded about the same on my be1700.1d.... 2 of 3 amps that I knew were putting out way more at 2 ohm than kickers low 150rms ratings on those subs 300rms total... because the box was so large people at my work still think that system was louder than my single DC level 3 12" but that is before they sit in it.... you will be quite suprized what you get when you match low end gear in the right box.... in no way do I think any boss subs are better than kickers entry level but with the right enclosure he might tear his windshield apart... LOL.... JK
RyanRosier Posted January 18, 2016 Author Report Posted January 18, 2016 I had 2 12" kicker comps... I built to spec on the manual the 2.25cuft enclosures with the port they said and it was pretty impressive and at first I had them on a boss 3500... it would make the coils get smelly if I did not pay attention... they were louder on my brz1200.1d and sounded about the same on my be1700.1d.... 2 of 3 amps that I knew were putting out way more at 2 ohm than kickers low 150rms ratings on those subs 300rms total... because the box was so large people at my work still think that system was louder than my single DC level 3 12" but that is before they sit in it.... you will be quite suprized what you get when you match low end gear in the right box.... in no way do I think any boss subs are better than kickers entry level but with the right enclosure he might tear his windshield apart... LOL.... JK Howd you run over 1k to something that needed 300 rms 2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.
Jessica Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 This is the best thread ever, lets sticky it. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Ninja_v1.0 Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 what i find funny is that you automatically assume that because he is running boss that he wont be louder than you. There is a possibility that with the correct box there is a chance. You never know. Equipment is just a very small part of this equation When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
Ninja_v1.0 Posted January 18, 2016 Report Posted January 18, 2016 I had 2 12" kicker comps... I built to spec on the manual the 2.25cuft enclosures with the port they said and it was pretty impressive and at first I had them on a boss 3500... it would make the coils get smelly if I did not pay attention... they were louder on my brz1200.1d and sounded about the same on my be1700.1d.... 2 of 3 amps that I knew were putting out way more at 2 ohm than kickers low 150rms ratings on those subs 300rms total... because the box was so large people at my work still think that system was louder than my single DC level 3 12" but that is before they sit in it.... you will be quite suprized what you get when you match low end gear in the right box.... in no way do I think any boss subs are better than kickers entry level but with the right enclosure he might tear his windshield apart... LOL.... JK Howd you run over 1k to something that needed 300 rms Thats very easy sir and people do it everyday.. When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.