You would be surprised what good hands, the right compounds/pads, and a solid DA can get you.

Check out Ammo NYC on YouTube, shit you'll be gone for days haha

Larry does flat out amazing work.

The attention to detail he has is incredible.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Started to watch ammo nyc. There's prob a video on it which I will look up when I'm at a computer , but is setting up a simple ventilation simple with fans as exhaust work in a home garage? Or ... No. Plan to wrap the whole garage, even floor, with the plastic wrapping . But want to see if it will work out. Actually have 2 cars to work on and practice with now. But yeah, thanks guys

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Practice on doors and other panels from a junkyard, not someone's car.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Practice on doors and other panels from a junkyard, not someone's car.

I'm going to do that but I meant 2 cars before I do mine, if I do mine haha

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

It takes years to become good at painting cars, it's not something you just dive into.

Still, practice bodywork on a panel on a stand first to get your technique.

Doing your ventilation/wrapping trick will still end up with dirt in the paint. Hell, you'll get dirt in paint in many spray booths that are out there. I've spent half a day with my dad cleaning a booth, to STILL have some dirt after the fact. It can be sanded down after if you have enough clear, but just letting you know what your expectation should be.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

It takes years to become good at painting cars, it's not something you just dive into.

Gotta start somewhere right? If this is something that's not interesting to you, that's totally fine. Don't have to participate but I appreciate your advice so far. ! I'll make sure to PM you pictures of my finished cars when done. Which won't be for a while haha

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Still, practice bodywork on a panel on a stand first to get your technique.

Doing your ventilation/wrapping trick will still end up with dirt in the paint. Hell, you'll get dirt in paint in many spray booths that are out there. I've spent half a day with my dad cleaning a booth, to STILL have some dirt after the fact. It can be sanded down after if you have enough clear, but just letting you know what your expectation should be.

Makes sense. I'll read up on home booths and Come back when I'm more knowledgable on the subject. Thanks for the tip.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

not trying to discourage you... but autobody isn't a hobby you just get in to. It's one that is going to consume you. Something you'll become so passionate about, that it's all you want to do. And you're going to hate doing it. Just absolutely loathe it, but it's all you'll want to do.

if you understand what I mean by that, pick up a cheaper trade....at first. Like welding. Get a cheap little wirefeed, practice around. It's a lot of fun. If you can get good at running a wirefeed, it's just another thing to check off the list when you start doing paint and body work.

or keep going on with welding... if you can learn to run a TIG machine, and run a TIG machine damn good, you're golden when it comes to building automotive stuff. Rollcages, exhausts, custom headers, hot and cold sides for turbo setups.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Does your garage have both a roll up and a exterior exit door? That would be best for setting up ventilation, like a makeshift side draft. Also, I'm pretty sure California will stick their figurative penis in your butthole if you get caught spraying these chemicals in your residentially zoned area, without any permits.

Archived