Second Skin Audio

Subs moving in and out fast and popping at higher volumes

Impedance is resistance. Resistance is impedance. Synonyms.

Edit: and that's according to every circuitry class I've been in for every system that I own and work on. I haven't watch your video you posted yet, so I will keep an open mind.

DC Resistance is not impedance.

Maybe watch the video? I'm pretty sure D'Amore knows a thing or two about the difference between resistance and DCR.

At exactly 28:09 Tony says "The impedance or resistance". Tony himself uses resistance and impedance interchangeably.

I think you misunderstood the point Tony was trying to make. His point was that a static measurement of the coil has little meaning, and since music is active all variables need to be accounted for. He wasn't in any way saying DCR is not impedance, he was saying DCR is but a fraction of the equation your system will actually see while playing.

Yes you can measure the coils impedance with a DMM. I believe reedal was merely suggesting that he might have d1's instead of d2's and his ohm load to the amp may be lower than OP anticipated and the extra wattage may be over driving the sub.

Power? Box? Freq

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

DC Resistance is not impedance.

Maybe watch the video? I'm pretty sure D'Amore knows a thing or two about the difference between resistance and DCR.

At exactly 28:09 Tony says "The impedance or resistance". Tony himself uses resistance and impedance interchangeably.

I think you misunderstood the point Tony was trying to make. His point was that a static measurement of the coil has little meaning, and since music is active all variables need to be accounted for. He wasn't in any way saying DCR is not impedance, he was saying DCR is but a fraction of the equation your system will actually see while playing.

Yes you can measure the coils impedance with a DMM. I believe reedal was merely suggesting that he might have d1's instead of d2's and his ohm load to the amp may be lower than OP anticipated and the extra wattage may be over driving the sub.

Your multi meter is measuring DC resistance, impedance applies to ac circuits.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Impedance is resistance. Resistance is impedance. Synonyms.

Edit: and that's according to every circuitry class I've been in for every system that I own and work on. I haven't watch your video you posted yet, so I will keep an open mind.

umm... no.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived