Sundown Audio

1600wrms @ 2ohm

Jman9112

I also doubt you're getting 400W per sub if we are going to consider rise. Probably more like 250W per sub.

I think too many people get caught up in this rise talk and game and think it's somehow important for a daily system. Rise should only really matter to someone that is putting their vehicle in the lanes. In my opinion it means very little to a small daily system.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I also doubt you're getting 400W per sub if we are going to consider rise. Probably more like 250W per sub.

I think too many people get caught up in this rise talk and game and think it's somehow important for a daily system. Rise should only really matter to someone that is putting their vehicle in the lanes. In my opinion it means very little to a small daily system.

If I had more options for impedance or if the alpine did same power at 1 ohm I'd just get a second alipne. But itd make no difference since the power output drops down below 2 ohm

Ballin' on a budget.

Like clean stated, wouldn't matter for daily. Just an FYI you can do the ss or ap amp. But you'd have to literally double power at least to hear a difference and if that bpx is shyt all you'll do is amplify some shyt sound man

My gut says make the box right first

If I had more options for impedance or if the alpine did same power at 1 ohm I'd just get a second alipne. But itd make no difference since the power output drops down below 2 ohm

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

all signs seem to point to a new enclosure...like many others who've stated above. get a better (i'm not gonna suggest rather sealed or ported) box built to spec for those puppies, and go from there. :unknw:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

You're too stuck on amps being the issue. Your box should be the first thing you consider changing out rather than the amp.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Okay, then what box would be the right one, sealed? I don't see how a sealed box is gonna get louder than a ported one. I don't wanna argue (probably sounds like I am) but I just don't understand why the box I have is so bad for the subs. They sound good, and have no port noise, they flex at all the right times and when I'm at tuning they move the less, all in all I don't see the connection to the box being a problem

Ballin' on a budget.

In order to double the volume (3db) you would have to double the power or cone area. A correctly tuned port and box can be more than 5 db over sealed at the tuning frequency. If enclosure is not now ideal, then best bang for the buck would be to make it ideal.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

In order to double the volume (3db) you would have to double the power or cone area. A correctly tuned port and box can be more than 5 db over sealed at the tuning frequency. If enclosure is not now ideal, then best bang for the buck would be to make it ideal.

Using the Thiele small on the listed page can anyone model what the best enclosure would be with room to add more power later? If the enclosure is the problem then I need some actual numbers to work with. Thanks to anyone that can help

Ballin' on a budget.

I have used the free calculator on dbdynamixaudio.com It gives cut a sheet and 3D diagrams. There are a bunch of free ones online just Google them.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived