Also the rear battery should be bolted down so in the event of a crash it won't hit you in the head. I see too many systems with battery banks just sitting in a "tray" to keep them from sliding around. I have also seen plumbing strap used as a tie down which is no better than a bungee cord. I know someone who rolled his jeep and the speaker box hit him in the head. He got out and was walking up the road to a house. He got half way there and died on the side of the road.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Also the rear battery should be bolted down so in the event of a crash it won't hit you in the head. I see too many systems with battery banks just sitting in a "tray" to keep them from sliding around. I have also seen plumbing strap used as a tie down which is no better than a bungee cord. I know someone who rolled his jeep and the speaker box hit him in the head. He got out and was walking up the road to a house. He got half way there and died on the side of the road.

I will defiantly be bolting down anything that can move now

I would DEFINATLY fuse the alternator. My truck runs the alt power wire into the distribution block and is fused 140 amp in the distribution block. Ur ALT should be fused in ur distribution block. If there isnt one factory for the 95 amp alt i would use a 100 amp fuse. Off ur front main batter i would prolly fuse 150 amp and at the rear fuse 150 amp. Try to keep ur fuses as close to ur batteries as possible. I dont know what shadetree is talking about the cable needs to self disconnect if pinched. If u have a short in ur alt or battery power cable the fuse(s) will pop in effort to proctect ur electrical system. What size amp do u have and power and ground cables ? That will play part of the roll in what size fuse u should use but i prolly would still fuse for the suggested ratings mentioned.

***edit for spelling***

Are you running 2 fuses on your alt to bat wire ? or just one?

So exactly what size fuses should be used on the battery to battery wire?

Dude its already been answered, use a 100 amp under the hood for ur alt to battery power wire (u said u have a factory 95 amp ALT) 150 amp fuse from ur battery under ur hood going to the rear battery and have it fused 150 amp AGAIN before u connect to ur rear battery. Then hook up ur rear battery power wire going to the amp.......

I would DEFINATLY fuse the alternator. My truck runs the alt power wire into the distribution block and is fused 140 amp in the distribution block. Ur ALT should be fused in ur distribution block. If there isnt one factory for the 95 amp alt i would use a 100 amp fuse. Off ur front main batter i would prolly fuse 150 amp and at the rear fuse 150 amp. Try to keep ur fuses as close to ur batteries as possible. I dont know what shadetree is talking about the cable needs to self disconnect if pinched. If u have a short in ur alt or battery power cable the fuse(s) will pop in effort to proctect ur electrical system. What size amp do u have and power and ground cables ? That will play part of the roll in what size fuse u should use but i prolly would still fuse for the suggested ratings mentioned.

***edit for spelling***

Are you running 2 fuses on your alt to bat wire ? or just one?

MY truck is fused from the factory in my distribution block. I told the OP if his 95 amp ALT isnt fused from the factory it would be a good idea IMO to fuse the alt power wire with 100 amp fuse.

But when the same question is asked 3 or more times in the same post people tend to walk away from helping. Its being called an "askhole" basiclly someone asks a person or two a question and they recieve an answer, then the same person asks more people the same question again. Not gonna get far doing it that way ( not say that you are ) but if u go on ur post and see how many people have viewed it, then go count how many people have chimed in with advise. The people taking the time to chime in might be because they know a thing or two.

Was just seeing if anyone else had an objection to what size fuse to use. As I have no idea how you figure how many amps are going between the batteries. I don't want to be spending more money if I get too small of a fuse... But, I shall try 150, assuming you have done this before

Archived