suggestions for tight, hard hitting 6.5 midbass/midrange speakers

akuma4u

I do not have an answer for that, only my thoughts and assumptions, but I am tuned in for what he says. I would heed his advice.

Be careful, it may be written "mid bass" on the box, and be just a midrange, like a lot of those so called "pro audio" speakers.

make some more research.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Still trying to figure out how to find a true midbass speaker and what the difference is between a midbass and midrange speaker.

I need a 150rms (each side) 6.5 midbass component set with crossover+(good)tweeters

There were some pioneers in a link above. Those look nice

Midbass- JL Audio ZR true midbass.

dont spend money on big names then you recommend 1000 dollar JL speakers lol

dont know if im ready to drop THAT much on JL

honestly, my research has led me to believe that crescendo PWX 6.5s are the best midbass speaker for the money... i may just get 4 of those

still looking into other options as well..

If you're expecting mid bass out of those Crescendos, get ready for heartbreak

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

This is what I was told in response to good parameters in a good mid bass driver:

High QTS- >0.5

Low Fs- <60hz

Medium Vas- 15-25 liter

Not all speakers nor component sets will list those and other T/S parameters, so you may have to do some digging and emailing to get the proper answers if that is something you're willing to do.

And since your google must be broken in regards to the topic of the difference of mid bass and mid range, maybe this will help http://lmgtfy.com/?q=music+frequency+ranges+explained

The first link if you click it will explain the different frequency ranges for you. What they have listed as "bass" is what we refer to a mid bass.

A (mid)bass driver will play (mid) bass frequencies, and can play into the mid range frequencies as well if the speaker was designed as such (most are). A mid RANGE driver will not play those (mid)bass frequencies. Some do, though it is not with the same output/authority or whatever other choice word you have to describe it. Playing those frequencies with a mid range driver (even though it has the advertised frequency range to play that low) that does not have the properties of a mid bass driver, will not be the same effect.

So long story short, it's not all about the frequency range, there are other things that come into play between mid range and mid bass.

Midbass 60-250hz ok.

So if a speaker did 60hz-5000hz would it still be considered a midbass speaker?

Really intersted in those pioneer ts-m650pro speakers. 50hz-18khz.

How would I connect a pair of tweeters to these for my front stage? Can I use any crossover and tweeter or does it have to be the same brand??

And a big LMAO to "let me Google that for you" That was jokes.

Yes I understand that, but as soccerballz said the crescendos are not midbass speakers yet he sent to link for some pioneers that he says are. If you are crossing over at 80hz then how are the crescendo NOT midbass drivers? Other than a power handling difference (crescendo actually handle more) they are going to be delivering the same freq output. Am I right? Or am I missing something here?

Showing you a link for better midrange. Look ar JL Audio ZR Mid bass great speaker for Midbass.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Yes I understand that, but as soccerballz said the crescendos are not midbass speakers yet he sent to link for some pioneers that he says are. If you are crossing over at 80hz then how are the crescendo NOT midbass drivers? Other than a power handling difference (crescendo actually handle more) they are going to be delivering the same freq output. Am I right? Or am I missing something here?

Showing you a link for better midrange. Look ar JL Audio ZR Mid bass great speaker for Midbass.

im sure those speakers are the shit but its out of my budget.. those pioneers are something i may get.. but how will i go about hooking up tweets and a cross over to them? can i use any crossover and tweeter? or does it have to be a pioneer / same model series?

• 2 weeks later...

ok ive narrowed it down to the following choices, i am looking for the best midbass kick and thump +midrange. Really need hard hitting stuff. I want to run the fronts with crossovers and tweeters and the back just the 6.5s, the problem is some of these speakers dont come with crossovers and tweeters , so how would i accomplish staying passive and doing a component set up in the front? fpr example can i buy 4x pioneer m650 pro 6.5s and run the 2 up front with crescendo crossovers and tweeters thus making my own mix and match component set?

here are my choices:

Crescendo pwx 6.5 (component set is availble on this one) - I know everyone says these are LOUD but, do they hit hard too? if so then im going with this. but so far ive only found that everyone says they are loud and clear - no insight on the kick or punch.

Pioneer TS-M650PRO (no components, only 6.5 speakers) - hard to find reviews on this so really no idea how these are

incriminator audio DPX-6 6.5" Pro Driver (no components only 6.5 speakers) no reviews found on these either.

so yea, out of these , what would u guys say are the best in terms of midbass kick ? i have a budget im staying in so i cant run 800 dollar+ speakers like the JLs etc..

thanks for the input

Archived