suggestions for tight, hard hitting 6.5 midbass/midrange speakers

akuma4u

Hey

i got 6.5 inch nvx 70rms each speaker midrange w/tweeters in the front

and nvx xsp 6.5 50 rms each speaker in the rear and i have everything hooked up to 100 rms per channel 4 channel amp

even though im supplying way more than the power needed to these speakers.. it is lacking the hard kick drum thumps and tight hard hitting midbass

i had a convo with Fi and they told me that my midbass speakers are more important than subs.. especially for electronic music.

So im going to upgrade all my 6.5 speakers to something much better, something i can feel..

looking for something that does at least 100-150rms PER speaker at 4 ohms..

re xxx 6.5 caught my eye but im sure the community here knows of even better speakers out there.

btw, they should be able to go low to like 50hz or so and play 50hz and up hard, clean and tight.

so please help me out with some suggestions.

Do you have pics of the install?

Is everything properly deadened?

The more you tell us or show us about the install will get you better help.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

+1.

Make sure they are perfectly sealed front to rear (seal the whole door if that's where they are) or even build an enclosure for them and I'd bet they'll come to life on the bottom end.

Also make sure you crossovers are set low enough for them to get down there.

Static drops are my bag.

what fi is telling you has some bearings because many people have stated on threads on here that the mid range is where they spend the most time and money .... most tweeters and subs in the proper enclosure will do what they are designed to do with minimal effort but the mids can only shine with a real proper install, deadining and adiquit clean power

Hours and thought goes into making the best space for midrange speakers shine. So i would research that before buying new speakers. Your might sound great in the proper install. ?

With out you telling and showing us more its hard to give advice beyond this.

wow , i have no idea why i wasnt being emailed for the replies even though i clicked "follow this topic"

ok so you guys have mentioned something i already was concerned about which is the install and actual placement/space the speakers have to work with

i have a coupe and the speakers, go behind the panels and dont have much room to breathe and dont have any proper enclosure, they are just sort of free air.

i did deaden the front doors and rear panels as much as i could AND also added in some speaker baffles to each 6.5 with the rear of the baffle cut out completely.

I have no idea if the baffles aided in the sound quality or took away from it... im actually considering taking them out and seeing if i notice any difference.

i have enough power, more than enough power going to those 70 rms front and 50 rms rear speakers.. they just dont have that depth, kick and tightness which i desperately need.

pics can be taken but will take a while as i need time to get the panels off..

what im afraid of is this: i spend 500 or so on 4 , lets say re xxx 6.5s and also one or 2 amps that can run them, and i install them and in the end they STILL dont have that kick and sound im looking for. This means for sure its not so much the speakers fault , its an issue in the install/space/lack of enclosure...

I would look into some of the more expensive brands as the mids will do exactly what your wanting and have been designed and built for just that, you would think most speakers out there are capable of playing midbass pretty well, as it turns out most are not, and require even more work to get and sound right. Hertz, Morel, Hybrid audio and Rainbow are just a few of them but it does cost money to get what you really want, and to be quite honest, it is better to buy the quality pieces the first time around and know you won't have to buy them again later on. I really miss my hertz and as soon as i can, i will get another set to run in the car.

EDIT: You need more than deadener in the doors to bring the sound out, you'll want some luxury liner to absorb some of the stray sound waves from cancellation.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I would look into some of the more expensive brands as the mids will do exactly what your wanting and have been designed and built for just that, you would think most speakers out there are capable of playing midbass pretty well, as it turns out most are not, and require even more work to get and sound right. Hertz, Morel, Hybrid audio and Rainbow are just a few of them but it does cost money to get what you really want, and to be quite honest, it is better to buy the quality pieces the first time around and know you won't have to buy them again later on. I really miss my hertz and as soon as i can, i will get another set to run in the car.

yes i regret buying the nvx ones , the xseries ones cost me 200 bucks and just do 50rms ...they are so flat and no kick or tightness whatsoever...

what about the re xxx 6.5s? they look killer and do 150 rms a piece...

i have heard of hertz and morel but have not yet looked into their 6.5s yet.. i will def do that now

Archived