Sonic Electronix

I agree doesn't mean I don't love the old stuff still but the new stuff is better in every way

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I respect your personal opinion, and am not trying to be rude. however I only asked if anyone was working on some older iron... and not a new poll on which is better. still though, any older projects out there, I would like to see em

in theory, shouldn't the thicker original sheet metal of an older vehicle rattle less? what is the downsides to modifying classic cars for car audio,in your opinions?

well...in my experience classic cars have a lot less bracing. Newer cars are usually stiffer and have more sound insulation. Classic cars people just threw some asbestos in there and called it good...

To me modifying a already put together product is more of a pain in the ass. I loved working on my 86 blazer because if I wanted to cut the dash out...I did. Whereas in my car (08 dodge) I worry and fret over make changes to it that I won't be able to fix and make it look like it came like that. The blazer was a lot easier, And the lines weren't as complicated so it was easy to build stuff for it.

Classic cars you usually run into wiring nightmares, parts availibility can be an issue. If you get a car that people make reproduction parts for it may not be bad, anything thats in a year one or LMC catalogue is usually good to go.

If you don't have a space or time to do the fabrication...classic cars are a no go. Also if you want to do a full install...and things like electrical gremlins and mechanical issues are there....a classic gets expensive quick. If you don't have the tools or knowledge stay away from a classic.

I had the tools and a garage to do it in and I still needed two mechanic buddies of mine to fix some of the issues. Electrical issues will kill you, we spent a couple weeks tracking down shorts that were draining my battery.

so yea classic cars are fun but expensive...and take more time. New cars are more of a pain to work on but you can spend the time on the finishing work on a new car because you can get parts for them easier and most likely you won't have to worry about electrical failures unless you're going to with 15K monster system with 82 subs...

Archived