Dayton ATS1200 surround TV Stand

Any thoughts on this one guys? I know Mike Singer picked one up awhile back.

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ats1200-home-theater-31-channel-digital-audio-tv-sound-stand-with-srs-surroun--185-3100

Have a good friend that's wanting a somewhat budget surround sound set up in his apartment, but doesn't want a big mess of wires and what not. He's planning on a 55 inch curved 4k TV.

Wanting to point him in the right direction.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Dayton makes a lot of nice drivers but thats a reallllly low price point for a 3.1 speaker setup and all the connections to boot...plus the stand...

Personally I wouldn't do it. Since you would need a AVR for this most likely anyway go with the Andrew Jones designed Pioneer separates, it would be about $240 for L/C/R and then $120 for a powered sub. The dayton B652s aren't bad either.

Any thoughts on this one guys? I know Mike Singer picked one up awhile back.

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ats1200-home-theater-31-channel-digital-audio-tv-sound-stand-with-srs-surroun--185-3100

Have a good friend that's wanting a somewhat budget surround sound set up in his apartment, but doesn't want a big mess of wires and what not. He's planning on a 55 inch curved 4k TV.

Wanting to point him in the right direction.

Mike had nothing but good things to say about it. I haven't heard it in person yet but he wouldn't stop talking about it when he got it.....I almost picked one up myself.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

I'm sure it sounds decent for the price, but with your L/C/R channels so close together like that you probably aren't going to get very good stereo imaging, which is the problem with pretty much all sound bars. The center channel is probably pretty pointless for that reason.

Having the sub directly in front of your is rarely the best place.

Still for the money, its going to be hard to do much better. Just understand what limitations its going to have.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I'll send him the feedback guys. Thanks for the comments.

He's not a big audiophile nut, but he likes to have something that'll get down pretty well

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived