Alternator Mounting Issue

So finally got around to installing my alt. Issue is the new alt pulley sits out farther than the stock one. It definitely pulls the belt to one side and leaves a gap on the other. The picture I have is with the stock pulley on the new alt (the original pulley was another .25" farther out). Do you think this would cause rub/damage to the belt?

6pbfhhy.jpg

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Whoa you don't want to mess with the pulley on the high output alt. Mine was like that and came with an 8-ribbed pulley which was longer of course but I only used the 6 ribs closest to the alt. Changing that pulley is going to affect the alt output if it is not the same diameter. You should have called before doing that.

Was the pulley the same size H.O pulley should be smaller .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

let them know the issue and have it fixed by whoever you bought it from, u wanna run that smaller diameter pulley so the alt spins more producing more power.

if you leave original pulley it came with on it will chew up a lot of belts, but you do want that smaller diameter pulley on there

you could also maybe have them send the correct pulley and put it on yourself as well

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

I swapped the smaller pulley back on. I have an air impact drill at home, it makes it an easy swap. The issue isn't the pulley, it is how far the pulley sticks out. Do you see how the belt is pulling to the left? It was pulling even worse with the smaller pulley. My question is has anyone has this issue before where the pulley sits farther out causing the belt to pull one direction?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

U want everything to be even or your belt will wear out faster ,make sure alt is mounted flush maybe some rust or a washer got stuck under it and if it is still uneven u need to call where u bought it something is not right

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

There is definitely nothing in the way. Got a second opinion from a mechanic friend of mine as well. I'll contact the seller and go from there. I just wanted to get another outside opinion before I contact the seller. Thanks for the input guys

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

If it's a singer alt like in your signature. Hit up Mike singer he will help you out and get u right.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

It is. He's on vacation right now so I figured I'd see what input I got here. Im way to impatient to hear what this system can do lol.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Archived