Serious XS Power battery question

Seemingly simple question - personally, unless I'm way out of the loop of how things work - just can't understand this...

Why would ANYBODY buy an XS XP3000 instead of an XS D3100?

They're literally just about the same size, just about the same Ah (difference of 10), same RC

If you're already paying in the $300 range.. why the hell would you not throw an extra $50 at another 2000W backup? It just doesn't make sense to me I guess.

Once again, sorry if this is a dumb question and I'm not besmirching the name of XS in any way. Buying a D3100 as I type this. All real input is highly appreciated, help me understand, haha.

Don't put the xp under the hood. It's also not for use as a starter cell.

See? This is what I'm saying. According to XS's power/wattage guide - the D3100 outperforms the XP.

$50 more, higher performance, can be used as a starter where the XP cannot.. It's just weird to me.

This has been a topic of discussion multiple times. If memory serves me right, the xp3000 is better for long period demoing. But if you do some searching, you'll come across the other topics asking the same question that provide the fully correct answer

Here

From the man himself...just an FYI

The XP Series was designed and manufactured for use as a secondary/supplemental power source. They are designed for high capacity installations, so if you need a battery to add some capacity for your system then this is the answer! What is the difference between the D/S series and the XP Series. For competitions the D/S series batteries are able to provide more instantaneous power, but for ground pounding and daily use the XP Series is the way to go. The XP Series is not designed to be used in under the hood applications, but work great for any battery bank in the back. You can find more info on the XP Series here XP Literature or on our XS Power website.

Archived