Sonic Electronix

Just my 2 cents, your not wanting to spend any or very little money yet you want more output! But at the same time you are wanting to put more load on your already struggling power system. In doing so you could very well cost yourself more in the end than you would if properly upgraded your electricals. Putting more load on your power hungry amp can lead to failure, putting more load on your alternator which sounds to be working at full capacity could also lead to failure. Yes adding another battery will help you maintain voltage "longer" but once you drop that supply you are again at the mercy of your factory alternater.

Another alternative would be to look at your current setup. Is your box prefab or custom built? A custom box tuned correctly could give you the additional output you are looking for. But you still need to upgrade your electricals if you drawing more power than your system can produce.

Example being i just went from 4 (12's) in my truck down to 2 (12') in a proper tuned box and id say i have over double the output i had. Just adding a speaker isnt always the answer! If i were you i would hold off until i got my new ride and completely redesign everything and go from there! "Think i read you were selling current vehicle in the near future"

Most important thing i learned in audio is dont rush it, take the time to do it right!

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

More batteries will not help the power when wiring that low. If you are already getting into battery power you, you are already not using the alt. Won't help too much, as well, pretty much every single amp is in stable to 1 ohm unless stated otherwise.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Thanks guys I'll probably just stick with what I have then. I could recone to a D1 but I don't see the 3db increase being worth it for $500 more for everything

Good decision, stick with what you have until you get a new ride and are ready to commit to something better.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Thanks guys I'll probably just stick with what I have then. I could recone to a D1 but I don't see the 3db increase being worth it for $500 more for everything

You'll never have a 3 dB increase just by wiring lower ! You would need some more batteries and a HO alt : your current electrical won't handle it.

Maybe you just need another custom enclosure ?

Or keep what you have, and start saving and thinking about your new system in your new ride.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

You'll never have a 3 dB increase just by wiring lower ! You would need some more batteries and a HO alt : your current electrical won't handle it.

Maybe you just need another custom enclosure ?

Or keep what you have, and start saving and thinking about your new system in your new ride.

Sorry I meant 3db increase from running double the cone area

Archived