Second Skin Audio

Recone for a Rained on sub?

RyanRosier

There's a Treo SSP 10" sub at our shop that got a cone with a hole in it and the coil is all seized. (Don't know if it is because its been rained on. And even if that has anything to do with it or will affect a recone.) But the magnet has got some rust on the sides and all that. Can I throw a recone kit on it? Or are there certain reasons as to what a recone will work on and won't work on. (Type of damage that has been done to it.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Treo SSP? I have not heard of it but maybe PSI can help. Google "Recone my sub".

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Treo SSP? I have not heard of it but maybe PSI can help. Google "Recone my sub".

I checked it out already, but I was more concerned about will a recone even work if it may have rust inside, like where the coil goes? But I'll probably go with a PSi recone.

That doesn't look like a SSX to me, but the one I installed was a 15 instead of a ten so they may have different baskets or something. But yeah the SSX line is sick. The 10" and 12" can take 2k all day and the 15" and 18" can take 2.5K all day. Put one 15 on a AudioQue 2200.1 and thing bumps for being in a pro box. <_< Wish he'd blow the box open so I could build one and tune that thing to 32. :lol:

if it has rust inside you have to clean it good

How would you clean rust if it was insde the gap where the coil goes?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

personally i wouldn't mess with it.

but ways you can remove rust is vinegar.. you can use a thin stick with a fine sand paper and get it out then use tape to remove the shavings.. you might have to spray paint in there to stop rust from coming back.. too much trouble for what its worth honestly

personally i wouldn't mess with it.

but ways you can remove rust is vinegar.. you can use a thin stick with a fine sand paper and get it out then use tape to remove the shavings.. you might have to spray paint in there to stop rust from coming back.. too much trouble for what its worth honestly

Even if I was selling it? lol I'm looking at this from a profitable perspective. And I don't count man hours really because I'm doing it, but love the whole industry on top of it. So none of the stuff I do at work, seems like work.

I wouldn't fuck with it especially if you intend to sell it.... Not worth losing your credibility on a whim of a cross-fingered repair... Just my .02..

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

recone kit should be around $100 plus the glue.. how much do you think you will get out of it? plus if youre not getting paid for your time is a lose lose situation. all you are doing is getting your money back.. if you charge $20 to make extra then you have to think if those $20 are worth the time you wasted on it..

Archived