Mixing Components and Coaxials

NorCalMike

So I'm trying to decide on my door speakers for my 96 tahoe, I listen to all music types (literally Garth Brooks to E-40) and I like some hard bass and sq. I have 2 10s on 250w each right now, and down the road will have 2 12's with some where around 600w each.

The factory fronts have a seperate tweeter and I would like to replace it and the 6.5 with a component set.

What I cant decide is if I should add a 6.75 coaxial to the front doors (in addition to the 6.75 component set) and just put the same 6.75 coaxial in the rear doors. Or just run component sets in the front and rear doors alone. (Rear doors do not have a factory tweeter) All of the speakers will be amped sooner or later.

I'm planning on running Rockford Fosgate P1675-S for Components and if I do coaxial they would be the Rockford Fosgate P1675. I plan on using a Rockford Fosgate R400-4D

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm not sure if having 2 sets of components or 1 set with 2 sets of coaxial would be better.

In your situation, I am going to say it would be best and easiest for you to go ahead and just run the coaxials all around.

Only reason is, having the coax's in the rear and the components up front, with the tweeter higher up than the mid, is going to tweak with the sound stage all kinds of different ways. Going to really confuse your ears.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

The factory tweeter location is only about 4" higher than the 6.5 location. Would that really mess with it that much? I don't notice anything odd as it is now.

I also forgot to add in my original post that there are factory 4x10 locations in the rear roof, which are currently removed because they were blown and driving me nuts. I would like to put some Rockford Fosgate P1462 (4x6 2 way coaxial)

I'd start out with a good replacement component set and properly seal up your doors.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If the coax in the rear are messing with the sound stage then fade it to the front more.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

It may somewhat, probably wouldn't. But just for simplicity sake, the coax's would be my choice.

I ran some cheaper kicker coax's in my 96 RCSB, and loved the way they sounded even being so low in the door. Having the mid and tweeter both down there kept me from getting listening fatigue, like I do in my F150 since I can't seem to get it balanced out

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

You have a long way to go before seeing a proper sound stage.

I worked on a truck similar for years ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived