Sound staging in a Regular Cab

RyanRosier

I know it says 20W, I've seen them take closer to 50W in the real world. They don't NEED much power though to do their job. Remember, they're only 8 ohm. So an amp that puts out 40-50W at 4 ohms per channel, will put out roughly 20-25W at 8 ohms.

They are only 1.75" deep and won't stick out in a pillar too bad at all.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

if you fade out the rear pillars until they are barley on it will trick you into thinking you have a high stage

My buddy kimo does this in his silvardo it really makes it sound like you have speakers in the dash

but thats just a quick trick he did end up building pods in the corner of the A piller for mote true SQ set up

if you do a 3 way set the 3 or 4" speakers dont need a ton of power xovered correctly those speakers should only be reproducing sound from around 500hz to 5k hz

I have also ran these they are 4 ohm and I liked them a lot

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs100-4-4-reference-full-range-driver-4-ohm--295-378

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

if you fade out the rear pillars until they are barley on it will trick you into thinking you have a high stage

My buddy kimo does this in his silvardo it really makes it sound like you have speakers in the dash

but thats just a quick trick he did end up building pods in the corner of the A piller for mote true SQ set up

if you do a 3 way set the 3 or 4" speakers dont need a ton of power xovered correctly those speakers should only be reproducing sound from around 500hz to 5k hz

I have also ran these they are 4 ohm and I liked them a lot

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs100-4-4-reference-full-range-driver-4-ohm--295-378

Do you prefer coaxil or components?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I know it says 20W, I've seen them take closer to 50W in the real world. They don't NEED much power though to do their job. Remember, they're only 8 ohm. So an amp that puts out 40-50W at 4 ohms per channel, will put out roughly 20-25W at 8 ohms.

They are only 1.75" deep and won't stick out in a pillar too bad at all.

So you wouldnt bridge them on an amp is what you're saying? lol

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

There is nothing wrong with coaxials, they can actually be beneficial for Sq setups.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

^^^I almost pulled the trigger on those but decided against since they were 4 ohm and didn't want to overpower them.

So if I order what you showed me, (probably will) what do I do about tweets?

Archived