Considering picking up a couple extra meters and using a smd three meter mount. I'm not all that great at fabricating things on the dash. Does anyone know of a possible way to use a double din dash kit with a single din deck that would look clean with the meters as well? Vehicle is a 1999 Lexus GS300? Any input is appreciated.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

That might working depending on the size of the dash kit. The kit for my Tahoe, the pocket is smaller than the height of the meters. So I found a different place/pocket on my dash to put them. I really wanted them under the HU, but it wouldn't have worked.

single din dash kit and then put the 3 meter mount in place of pocket instead of attaching the pocket?

The issue is the dash kit for the gs doesn't have a removable pocket/the pocket is not big enough. I was thinking of opening up the hole with a dremel I just can't imagine it would look very clean.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Does anyone know if the two/three meter case has mounts on it? How should I mount it in a single din slot without it pushing into the dash?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

pics don't show any mounts... i would say flush the kit to the single din and epoxy it from behind? it might work your cut will have to be nice and probably still have to body fill the front or something

Edited by CstrokerV

No mounts on the meter bezel. I didn't try to pop it into place of where my HU is, but I think the way Steve designed it, you push/pop it into the single din slot and it fits snugly. But you'd have to ask him yourself on that one.

Maybe try shooting him an email and getting some tips for mounting? [email protected]

oh okay. I'll give that a shot. I currently have a avh-x4700 in there but I never seem to actually use it for its purpose. I feel like a single din and a mount would look better/provide better function. Thanks for the ideas

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5