Second Skin Audio

NOT A VS THREAD!

I understand completely about be disapointed. My first wall was last year and I did the 2 crossfire 18s and I was chasing numbers. Sure it was wowing people by the ear and nasty lows but I only did a 148.1 . In my class guys were doing low to mid 50s. I felt like I failed and did all that work for a 148.1.... but its how I learn and i really do enjoy it. I think your in the right direction if you made it to smd forum. It seems your seeking a answer only you can find the answer too. If your hungry eat what you want no one else knows. Hah. Goodluck man

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

There are so many good subs on this site to choose from . I've had everything from Rockford , Skar, Sundown and DD. It's always fun to listen to all of them and loved them all just put the right power to them .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

For your power range im pretty sure stock alt .big 3 upgrade. replace your primary battery under hood with the largest agm you can fit and maybe a small secondary in the back would be upto par in my book for 2k or less.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Subs and amps in Chicago area get around more then the woman. Basshead problems.

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

First thing you need to do in the Mazda 3i sedan is fix where the plastic deck lid hits the glass.

Def Do the big 3 use 1/0 ofc and run front to back with 1/0 OFC. I wouldn't do more that 1500-2000 total watts in this car unless you plan on upgrading your alt and thats including sub amp and mids amp.

You can run 1/0 under the car following the channel for the break lines to a rubber grommet on the rear passenger side of the trunk. It's behind the beauty panel. The trunk in these cars also cancels out a lot of bass so you might be better off sealing and firing forward. I haven't because I need my trunk and have to remove the box sometimes.

I would tune around 34-35hz and I am really happy with my American Bass XFL 12's a single one in the right box would sound good. I would do 2.5-2.75 cubes with about 32-36" of port area sub and port rear facing.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Fi is a good choice too I get raped on shipping so I went with AB because they are one of the few subs I can get where I live with free shipping. I never cared for Sony not sure if the new ones are better, I would go Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Clarion or Alpine

The plastic piece I am talking about is the one covering the deck of the trunk on the interior side between the rear seats and the glass on the inside of the vehicle. Once you get loud enough that piece starts smacking the glass really bad. You have to deaden it really good or it will sound like ass inside.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

i do agree with the wattage issue. as an example. i went from a 1200 watt amp ( d3600 massive audio) to a 2500 watt amp at 12 volt( orion xtr2500.1d) and i don't notice a difference.. well a slight difference but not really noticeable loudness wise.. but on a few tracks u can but if i would have know that ( which i actually did ) i would have stayed with the first amp, so that part is correct. and thats pretty much twice the power .

the trick is to move TWICE THE AIR. an amp with 600 watts and say 3 12 subs. vs 600 watts with 2 12 . there's going to be a very different sound difference . move more air make more sound .. dont under drive subs ,at least give them rated power as a start and you will be good

if my ears dont buzz. you need more ..

Archived