Will my alt push it?

Get a quailty XSpower or kenetic battery under the hood. there are others out there pretty much any quality AGM battery will be good for ur 1-1.5k setup.

With ur factory 90 amp ALT 1.5k amp is the biggest u should run with out getting a HO alt.... You might have some head light dimming but a AGM battery will help with that (faster discharge/charge rate than a flooded battery) i wouldnt run two batteries, you dont need it for 1.5k and ur 90 amp ALT might not be able to charge two batteries adequately Just stick a quality AGM under your hood and you will be ok IMO

Biggest thing on the BIG THREE is the grounds... Runing 1/0 from ur factory 90 amp ALT to ur battery will gain you nothing. If you had a 180 amp + HO ALT yes upgrading the factory 8ga or 4ga wire WILL make a difference in current carrying capacity but not on 100 amp or under ALT.

No the alternator cannot keep up with that power demand. You do not need to spend 500+ to have a HO alt. I am going to spend around 350 soon on a 200a alt that is a HO. Before I went to a local auto/electric store and they gave me a 120A alt for $120. Now mind me it isn't the quality that I can get from mechman, singer and others. But it never dropped into battery power once! Check out US alternators if you want to stay on a little more of a budget. If not, look for some local auto electric places that can rebuild your alt into a higher output.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

the only thing i see pushing is you pushing the car when it leaves you stranded.. batteries do not fix your voltage issues. in fact they add to the problem

low batteries will have a negative impact on the alternator

im sorry for all of you suggesting the big 3.. the alternator can only put out 90a so no matter how much wire he adds it wont help his voltage.. big 3 are recommended for HO alternators on cars that have wiring that can only handle 100a of current.. i dont see the big 3 helping him any unless he has shitty connections

just remember that a 90 amp alt at idle is probably only putting out 30 amps and the car needs some of this to function.... so no matter the amount of extra power cells you add they will not charge at idle while playing music.... even on the e-way doing 70mph at fill tilt you can kill the batterys pretty quick if you are consuming 1500rms on the amp.... you would still be pulling around 100 amps from the one amp alone

and I agree everyone thinks a big 3 is the fix all upgrade.... most stock wires are 10awg, 8awg if you are lucky and if you add a 250amp alt and try pulling this current through something that small you get fire.... this is why its mandatory but an 8awg wire can full tilt 130amp all day so all you get is that happy feeling that you upgraded something whether or not its helping anything in the long run

Archived