RooTxBeeR Posted March 17, 2016 Report Posted March 17, 2016 I have been thinking about it for some time now. With all the stuff I have invested in for my hobbies, it would be horrible to loose some due to theft. Anyone here ever set up a surveillance system before? I would like to do 8 camera's around my house and garage. Anyone know of some good brands, some ones to avoid? And even, anything special to wiring them up? I have done my own sound system and I build PC's and do all of that so if it's just like that stuff then no problem. Don't want to have to sell something and get another kind of product because I got something with the wrong connections or something. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
bcpballer64 Posted March 17, 2016 Report Posted March 17, 2016 Nothing I have personally but thsee are the items I have been looking into. Simplisafe, covers like doors windows, alarms, motion sensors etc. http://simplisafe.com/build-my-system Indoor wifi based camera with pan tilt zoom and good reviews http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0145OQTPG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1458182199&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=wifi+security+camera&dpPl=1&dpID=41YRhD%2BnCvL&ref=plSrch Same brand as the indoor above but a 2tb 8 camera system http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011CRZ89W?psc=1 "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
RooTxBeeR Posted March 17, 2016 Author Report Posted March 17, 2016 Nothing I have personally but thsee are the items I have been looking into. Simplisafe, covers like doors windows, alarms, motion sensors etc. http://simplisafe.com/build-my-system Indoor wifi based camera with pan tilt zoom and good reviews http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0145OQTPG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1458182199&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=wifi+security+camera&dpPl=1&dpID=41YRhD%2BnCvL&ref=plSrch Same brand as the indoor above but a 2tb 8 camera system http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011CRZ89W?psc=1 That last one is what I am looking for. I Want to get 4-6, just night vision and wide angled cameras, and 2 with micriophones to record audio as well. I don't really care about window and door alarms. Just want video of anyone getting access. I have some things you can't just call the police about lol. I also have a very small group of friends, so if someone does come by, I am more than likely to recognize the face. I was looking at buying cameras and a dvr seperate, I seem to find sets are costing a bit more than buying each thing individually. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Go-N-Def Posted March 17, 2016 Report Posted March 17, 2016 I just picked up a 4 channel recorder that came with 2 cameras. It was in a kit with all the hardware at best buy. For $200. It also has the ability to connect to your phone or tablet. Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL
ethan_leonardo Posted March 17, 2016 Report Posted March 17, 2016 Linus Tech Tips did an overkill surveillance system in their new office. It's just a computer with some hard drives that connects to an Ethernet switch and the cameras connect to a switch. He goes into detail in this video. I think they got a company to build it for them, but if you're really into building PCs, and can get the software, I see no reason why you couldn't build it yourself and scale it down a bit for your needs. Definitely more expensive than doing just a generic all in one box surveillance system.
kingsuv Posted March 17, 2016 Report Posted March 17, 2016 Couple of things to consider. lighting. Bad lighting = useless cameras. How many stories have you seen on tv that shows a dark blob in a screen shot? Want good video, have good lighting. They need to be behind the lens. Any camera pointed to a light source will create a hotspot. LUX. Hands down the most important feature when looking at camera. Lower the lux the better. .1, .01 etc. This is the rating that tells you how well a camera can see in darkness. DVR frame rate. Measured in FPS. Higher the count, better the recording. DVR's typically will lump the total FPS for all cameras. Example. 8 ch FPS of 240. That is 30 fps per ch. However a 16ch fps of 240 is only 15fps per ch half the images pre sec. 30 is a good real time number. Anything less you start to lose whats going on in the picture. There is a ton of other bullshit they will try to sell you on. D1, Cif, mpeg....yada yada, yada. Sure those do play a factor, however most recording formats, camera formats are jjust secondary specs when looking at a system. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
RooTxBeeR Posted March 17, 2016 Author Report Posted March 17, 2016 Linus Tech Tips did an overkill surveillance system in their new office. It's just a computer with some hard drives that connects to an Ethernet switch and the cameras connect to a switch. He goes into detail in this video. I think they got a company to build it for them, but if you're really into building PCs, and can get the software, I see no reason why you couldn't build it yourself and scale it down a bit for your needs. Definitely more expensive than doing just a generic all in one box surveillance system. I watch a lot of linus so I can't believe I never seen that video. I will check it out. And I am very good with computers, so now that you say that I will look into that route. Couple of things to consider. lighting. Bad lighting = useless cameras. How many stories have you seen on tv that shows a dark blob in a screen shot? Want good video, have good lighting. They need to be behind the lens. Any camera pointed to a light source will create a hotspot. LUX. Hands down the most important feature when looking at camera. Lower the lux the better. .1, .01 etc. This is the rating that tells you how well a camera can see in darkness. DVR frame rate. Measured in FPS. Higher the count, better the recording. DVR's typically will lump the total FPS for all cameras. Example. 8 ch FPS of 240. That is 30 fps per ch. However a 16ch fps of 240 is only 15fps per ch half the images pre sec. 30 is a good real time number. Anything less you start to lose whats going on in the picture. There is a ton of other bullshit they will try to sell you on. D1, Cif, mpeg....yada yada, yada. Sure those do play a factor, however most recording formats, camera formats are jjust secondary specs when looking at a system. Thanks for the info man. I was looking for nightvision ones regardless, want it to be able to pick up stuff that can occur at night. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
bcpballer64 Posted March 18, 2016 Report Posted March 18, 2016 Just FYI they make IR floods and spots to increase your nighttime visibility "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
RooTxBeeR Posted March 18, 2016 Author Report Posted March 18, 2016 Just FYI they make IR floods and spots to increase your nighttime visibility What? So it's a IR light so if you have a IR based camera it will help that camera detect stuff when that IR light comes on? On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
bcpballer64 Posted March 19, 2016 Report Posted March 19, 2016 Just FYI they make IR floods and spots to increase your nighttime visibilityWhat? So it's a IR light so if you have a IR based camera it will help that camera detect stuff when that IR light comes on? The IR floods I saw were motion activated, so if you have an IR night vision camera it will just let the camera see better than it would just using the built in IR leds. I suppose if it motion activated caMera then yes it would I reckon "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.