Second Skin Audio

Question About Sub Box Size

baller95

Well you are off to a good start, but you did make a few mistakes :-)

So in Torres the volume number we care about is "Net Volume", yours is showing 1.69, you want it to be 2.6, so you need the box to be bigger.

You can probably shrink your port area down a little bit, which will let you shorten your port while keeping tuning the same. If you narrow the port from 3.3" down to 3" that should be fine. Also you will want to change the "# of port common walls" to three, since that's how you have the box laid out in your picture.

Your sub displacement value should be .08 since you have two subs that displace .04 each.

If you would like to do a middle port like you have in your drawing you don't need to have a divider down the middle. You would just make the port 3" wide and then split it into two 1.5" wide ports where it hits the back of the box.

In his box drawing it's 2 common walls not 3

Well you are off to a good start, but you did make a few mistakes :-)

So in Torres the volume number we care about is "Net Volume", yours is showing 1.69, you want it to be 2.6, so you need the box to be bigger.

You can probably shrink your port area down a little bit, which will let you shorten your port while keeping tuning the same. If you narrow the port from 3.3" down to 3" that should be fine. Also you will want to change the "# of port common walls" to three, since that's how you have the box laid out in your picture.

Your sub displacement value should be .08 since you have two subs that displace .04 each.

If you would like to do a middle port like you have in your drawing you don't need to have a divider down the middle. You would just make the port 3" wide and then split it into two 1.5" wide ports where it hits the back of the box.

Right 2 common walls (top and bottom), also OP you need to clear the "desired gross volume" field or the program will ignore the external dimensions you have given.

Sorry if my crappy picture isn't clear but this is exactly what I'm going for -

JSwzZ07.jpg

46w7XBF.png

Right 2 common walls (top and bottom), also OP you need to clear the "desired gross volume" field or the program will ignore the external dimensions you have given.

Once he splits the port in two its a 3 common wall port. If the middle port didn't extend all the way to the back wall it would be a two common wall port.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I decided that design since I thought it was easier but if you guys can think of a more easier/efficient way to do with with subs facing up and port facing forward, let me know :)

The most efficient use of space with a slot port box is a single side port. You can face the port which ever direction you would like, facing back or facing up are probably your two best choices.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

I decided that design since I thought it was easier but if you guys can think of a more easier/efficient way to do with with subs facing up and port facing forward, let me know :)

The most efficient use of space with a slot port box is a single side port. You can face the port which ever direction you would like, facing back or facing up are probably your two best choices.

Thanks! I'm not sure why I didn't think of that. Definately seems like the best option. Ah the options, too many options! :/

When I have some time I'll start from scratch and try designing a box with two subs and one side port.

Quick question guys. My subwoofer spec sheet recommends 0.75-1.3 cu ft for net internal volume. Since I have two subs, I want 2.6 cu ft. Now is that number (2.6) including the port volume or is it the box without port volume?

zTBSCda.jpg

The port volume and driver displacement will subtract from the volume so the overall size will need to be bigger to account for this.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Net volume is the empty space thats left after you account for everything else that inside the box, this includes the space the sub takes up, the port, and any bracing.

For example if you had a box that had internal dimensions 12" x 12" x 24", it would have 2 cu ft of gross volume. Lets say the sub takes up .1 cu ft, the port takes up .45 cu ft, and bracing takes up .05 cu ft. The net volume would be 1.4 cu ft.

Builds:

Archived